Caveman 2 Cosmos

@strategyonly

thanks for that tip, worked out well.:goodjob:
regards

Another question, when I use custom game and c2c-custom-continents I can not choose the shoreline ?

Even it looks like when I do a regenerate map, which normaly should do this with the same settings, the shoreline creation is random.

onkelm

I used Moddb for 28 but the file won't unzip properly. I then used Gamefront and I ran into the same problem. I'm using DSL but I didn't have this problem with my last version (V23). 7-zip says "unsupported compression method" and IZ arc just says error....Some other people on ModDB had the same problem.....Do you know what the problem is?

I used Moddb for 28 but the file won't unzip properly. I then used Gamefront and I ran into the same problem. I'm using DSL but I didn't have this problem with my last version (V23). 7-zip says "unsupported compression method" and IZ arc just says error....Some other people on ModDB had the same problem.....Do you know what the problem is?

I think you need the very latest version of 7zip.

jiallombardo said:
when a pop-up tells me that a certain leader wishes to relinquish control of a city to me (with the usual accept/decline buttons underneath the message - I believe, it's akin to cultural conquest) - neither interaction option works! When I click the "Accept" button, the city remains with its current owner; same happens when I click the "Decline" button (though it says that the citizens are supposed to form a new nation). Perhaps it's a misinterpretation on my part, or a glitch concerning certain game options?

Ok, I know it was a rev issue and stuff, but still - I dabbled in the code a bit and found something. I'm not a Pythoneer though, so sorry if this proves useless.
So, I just looked up the string on the popup message, and found the block of code that utilizes it in Revolution.py:
Code:
# Offer human the option of accepting the cities
						popup = PyPopup.PyPopup( RevDefs.joinHumanPopup, contextType = EventContextTypes.EVENTCONTEXT_ALL, bDynamic = False)

popup.setHeaderString( localText.getText("TXT_KEY_REV_TITLE_GOOD_NEWS",()) )

bodStr = getCityTextList(cityList, bPreCitizens = True)

bodStr += ' ' + localText.getText("TXT_KEY_REV_HUMAN_GRANTED",()) + ' %s!'%(pPlayer.getName())
						bodStr += '  ' + localText.getText("TXT_KEY_REV_HUMAN_REGAIN",()) + ' %s.'%(pRevPlayer.getCivilizationShortDescription(0))
						bodStr += '  ' + localText.getText("TXT_KEY_REV_HUMAN_JOIN_CHOICE",())

popup.setBodyString( bodStr )
						popup.addButton( localText.getText("TXT_KEY_REV_BUTTON_WELCOME",()) )
						buttons = ('welcome',)
						popup.addButton( localText.getText("TXT_KEY_REV_BUTTON_NOT_WANTED",()) )
						buttons += ('goaway',)
						popup.setUserData( (buttons, joinPlayer.getID(), iRevoltIdx) )
						# Center camera on city
						CyCamera().JustLookAt( cityList[0].plot().getPoint() )
						popup.launch(bCreateOkButton = False)

This block does show the popup, but the thing is that the handler for joinHumanPopup seems to be missing:
Code:
self.customEM.setPopupHandler( RevDefs.joinHumanPopup, ["joinHumanPopup",self.blankHandler,self.blankHandler] )
without redefinition.

So, why am I asking this - perhaps, due to certain SVN mischief, the definition of this popup went missing? Or is it just me?

And sorry again - just now I found out that the culture "overflew" certain numeric type limits and became negative:
CultureGlitch.jpg

Naturally, the city borders got reduced as well :(

Is there any workaround for this? I have "Realistic Culture" and "Unlimited Wonders" on, by the way.

Just wondering (and I'm sure this must have been asked before), but given that all the civs in C2C have a basic culture of (human) are there any plans to add non-human cultures in? or is this to differentiate between playable civs and animals/Neanderthals and barbs?

An addendum to what I've just posted:
CultureGlitch2.jpg

It seems that the culture mechanism has gone loco, haywire and all that jazz. So most of my cities have negative culture like this; however, the city on the attached file retained its habitable radius. And what's with the (1 turn)?!

Is it related to "realistic culture" or something else?

I mean, the addon is really fun to play, but these minor things are plain confusing.

An addendum to what I've just posted:
View attachment 342848

It seems that the culture mechanism has gone loco, haywire and all that jazz. So most of my cities have negative culture like this; however, the city on the attached file retained its habitable radius. And what's with the (1 turn)?!

Is it related to "realistic culture" or something else?

I mean, the addon is really fun to play, but these minor things are plain confusing.

This is a known issue, which Thurderbrd is working on (or possibly has already fixed in the SVN version, but I don't think so as yet [TB??]).

Ideally if you can provide save game in which the city culture is not negative, but goes negative when the end turn is processed, that would be very helpful in debugging./verifying any fix (so an auto-save from the turn BEFORE it shows up as negative for some specific city)

Thanks for clarifying.

Anyway, I reran from an older save and the same thing happened. The only oddity was that the borders never got reduced, like it was in the original game. Maybe it's a civic issue (in my original game, from where I posted the previous two screenshots, the civics where a little different).

I attached two savegames - one before and one after (thus with the "afterwards" postfix) the culture got reduced. The city in question is Banpo.
View attachment single.rar

P.S. Could you please check if the definition of the popup handler I mentioned earlier was removed from SVN (for some reason) ?

I did work on getting national culture values to be able to exceed the limitations we were having trouble with and that is updated on the SVN but no promises that this couldn't be another issue.

I did work on getting national culture values to be able to exceed the limitations we were having trouble with and that is updated on the SVN but no promises that this couldn't be another issue.

This is in a single city.

Yeah... I noticed he's pumping out a LOT of culture in just that city alone. I'm wondering if he's managing to exceed the limit (since it goes through a times 100 filter even on the local level) in just that city alone. If so, I don't think anything I did would've helped there. It would also cast some doubt that my fix will maintain effectiveness for the span of the game on National Culture as well. The whole culture tally system really needs a fairly large type cast overhaul (at least to unsigned) including some hedging against the times100 method where necessary.

Well, my latest save has 4 cities that blew the cultural rooftop off; the save I attached had three.

And, pardon for adding my 50 cents, but does this affect other in-game figures (like population, income (I was making a lot of money per turn as well, as it could be seen), espionage points (why not?).

And could it be fixed at all (isn't the cultural variable a core property, whose type cannot be changed unless someone hacks the source code), or am I just ignorant?

And also - what about that revolution thing? I know it's getting on your nerves, but... well... if the handler really went missing after a certain revision, isn't it possible to recover it?

Thanks for your concerns! :)

Hey wondering if someone could help me with this problem. I've seen this problem posted time and time again, only to be resolved with magical fixes that I can't find. I have Civ 4 complete, non-steam, installed in the default location. The mods that come with the game work, but whenever I go Advanced>Load a mod>xxx The game closes, but no mod begins to load. This is not a crash, as far as I can tell. I've already tried the .ini file fix, to no avail. I have Win 7 64 bit. If anyone can provide insight into how I can actually play this great mod, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey wondering if someone could help me with this problem. I've seen this problem posted time and time again, only to be resolved with magical fixes that I can't find. I have Civ 4 complete, non-steam, installed in the default location. The mods that come with the game work, but whenever I go Advanced>Load a mod>xxx The game closes, but no mod begins to load. This is not a crash, as far as I can tell. I've already tried the .ini file fix, to no avail. I have Win 7 64 bit. If anyone can provide insight into how I can actually play this great mod, it would be greatly appreciated.

have you patched to v3.19. I am not sure but I think Civ 4 Complete was 3.17. You should not use the in game upgrade mechanism as it does not work right.

Speaking of Culture WHEN is the icon/slider for culture supposed to be there?? I am in Medieval Era now and still no slider??

Drama or Music are the tech that opens the cultural slider.

About one in three times when I open WorldBuilder I get a MAF. The message is: bad allocation.

Will there ever be a concerted effort to reduce building spam? Midway through the game, theres tons of buildings available to build, and its taking up a lot of turn time to process it all.

I'd like to see some of the buildings auto-built (perhaps after a tech, or city size) or just merged together.

Top Bottom