Caveman2Cosmos Not Loading

thinkingnut

Warlord
Hi All,

Just downloaded the well-known and widely praised Caveman2Cosmos mod from this site: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15324.

Got really excited about playing it for the first time. I put it in the "Mods" folder in the "Beyond the Sword" folder as instructed, tried to load it up, and it doesn't work. Below are the pics of the error messages. There are more, but I took pictures of the first three only.

May I ask what went wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Error 1.jpg
    Error 1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 257
  • Error 2.jpg
    Error 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 215
  • Error 3.jpg
    Error 3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 199
Caveman2Cosmos uses a custom DLL, which replaces the DLL in the base game. The Mac version of CIV does not use a DLL. Instead the base code is included in the main game. Therefore, any mod using a custom DLL will not work in the Mac version. (This applies to basic CIV, Warlords, and BTS.) If you want to play a custom DLL mod, such as this one, then you need to run the Windows version in a Windows environment, such as Parallels, Fusion, Wineskin, or the alternate boot environment that comes with later versions of MAC OSX (the name of which is evading my memory at the moment). There are threads addressing these in the Mac forum here. There is also a sticky thread in this forum listing the mods that people have found will run on the Mac version of CIV (Mac Modding Index).

Caveman2Cosmos uses a custom DLL, which replaces the DLL in the base game. The Mac version of CIV does not use a DLL. Instead the base code is included in the main game. Therefore, any mod using a custom DLL will not work in the Mac version. (This applies to basic CIV, Warlords, and BTS.) If you want to play a custom DLL mod, such as this one, then you need to run the Windows version in a Windows environment, such as Parallels, Fusion, Wineskin, or the alternate boot environment that comes with later versions of MAC OSX (the name of which is evading my memory at the moment). There are threads addressing these in the Mac forum here. There is also a sticky thread in this forum listing the mods that people have found will run on the Mac version of CIV (Mac Modding Index).

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying. :)

Top Bottom