Caveman2Cosmos v43 Player Guide

Last page of your guide lacks two dynamic properties: Air and Water pollution.

Do we get bonuses from resources if we found city on it?
With later appearing resources this may happen easily.
Lets say Bauxite or Uranium is visible on map, as we reached modern era and researched needed techs.
And then you see, that your capital sits exatly on Uranium or Bauxite resource....
Not a problem for me. Ctrl+W and move resource where I need it.

No this is referring to cities going into revolt due to the Revolution mod.
Actually, due to anything that sends a specific city into revolt status - but NOT an overall civics based national revolt.

Edit: Do we get bonuses from resources if we found city on it?
With later appearing resources this may happen easily.
Lets say Bauxite or Uranium is visible on map, as we reached modern era and researched needed techs.
And then you see, that your capital sits exatly on Uranium or Bauxite resource....
Didn't see this till I saw the response above.

Yes, a city always counts as the appropriate type of improvement to get whatever bonus it happens to be on in that plot. As long as you can get that bonus anyhow.

Ah, what a pity. But it is a good suggestion, right? :D
You can't be in national anarchy and not have all cities also in local revolt during that time - that's the basic definition of anarchy. If you use them to shorten national anarchy, it's too easy to build them up in prep for a civics change. But they CAN reduce the local revolt times for cities.

This is immensely useful guide. Thank you very much.

I still could sort many concepts myself with help of Sevopedia. I consider it's a fun part of the game. I remember how I researched why I can't build Capture the Flag building. It was very interesting.

And thank you all modders for the wonderful mod you've created. It's incredible.
Not for casual player, maybe. But for player with intellect it's a sheer delight.

Suggestion: Make the group wonders system into an optional game rule. Speaking for myself as a builder player with a seriously OCD-ish approach to the game, it bothers me to the point that I can't bring myself to play at all.
Not possible. Besides that, the benefit of the approach in making sure one player doesn't steamroll as easily is too valuable. I guess it's just bothering you that you can't capture every wonder in the game? I'm not sure that's even possible any more anyhow, unless you're playing alone in a sandbox game or perhaps on settler or warlord difficulty.

You can always go into the XML and comment out all the group wonder buildings. You'd have to do it to their buildingclass entries as well.

Space Race: In Vanilla, the space ship was compiled and then launched to the nearest star system and had to reach that system to win the game. In C2C, it's a dimension traveling ship rather than a starship, but it's pretty much the same challenge.

Civilization starts doing dimension related stuff in middle of last era.
In BTS you send starship somewhere when you discover Fusion, that is Information/Nanotech era in C2C terms, but in C2C you start sending starships at beginning of Galactic era.

So C2C spacerace would be sending ship to beginning of multiverse or to end of multiverse.
Or to leave simulation - there's tech in last column named Simulation Awareness.

Or to leave simulation - there's tech in last column named Simulation Awareness.

I always wondered if this is some sort of joke, in that the simulated civ in C2C realizes it is just a game, or if this referes to we realizing that our world is just a simulation.

I always wondered if this is some sort of joke, in that the simulated civ in C2C realizes it is just a game, or if this referes to we realizing that our world is just a simulation.
It can be both.
Also someone suggested C2C as world wonder in Information era as joke in space mod thread.

Advanced Economy: Allows for inflation and some decimalized values in the economy, as well as some deeper stuff with trade. I like it. Other modders from the mod we inherrited this from found it necessary to remove due to what they felt was a serious cause for slowdown in turn times discovered in its structure. We've built further into it here so that wasn't an option for us. But if you've had trouble with turn times, maybe don't use this one.
Does it still slow down turns?

It appears there is no difference.
Advanced Economy entry in mod guide should be updated, so it doesn't say that this option slows down game.
Notice removed.

Guys, firstly I wanted to say thank you for creating C2C. I've played it for years over dozens of versions and really wanted to thank you for the time you've put in.

Next, I have a new laptop and am setting up, but so many years have gone by I don't recall where everything is any more. For example, I can't find the 3.19 BTS patch hosted on this forum. Can someone point me to it? I'm referring to the patch mentioned here:

"You MUST be using the 3.19 patch that can be found on this forum, installed by hand before you load Caveman2Cosmos"

Guys, firstly I wanted to say thank you for creating C2C. I've played it for years over dozens of versions and really wanted to thank you for the time you've put in.

Next, I have a new laptop and am setting up, but so many years have gone by I don't recall where everything is any more. For example, I can't find the 3.19 BTS patch hosted on this forum. Can someone point me to it? I'm referring to the patch mentioned here:

"You MUST be using the 3.19 patch that can be found on this forum, installed by hand before you load Caveman2Cosmos"
Its here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ4-beyond-the-sword-v3-19-patch-pc.12576/

Top Bottom