Caveman2Cosmos v43 Player Guide

First time I indeed placed the latest version on top of the existing one. Got the same error, but after that I deleted the entire C2C mod map, redownloaded and put it in there. Got the same error again from which my screenshot was taken.

Do I need to re-install the entire Civ4 Beyond the Sword part too perhaps?
Sounds like cache issue - delete cache - its in same folder as logs for example.

Check inside the mods asset folder that the CvGameCoreDLL.dll is about 10 MB and that the CvGameCoreDLL.dll.debug is about 20 MB.
If it's the other way around then you should swap their names around.

Attached screenshot shows how it should be.

Are you playing the v38.5 release found on MODDB?
If so there is a chance that whoever added it to MODDB may have messed up and set the debug dll as the active dll for that release.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 210
Check inside the mods asset folder that the CvGameCoreDLL.dll is about 10 MB and that the CvGameCoreDLL.dll.debug is about 20 MB.
If it's the other way around then you should swap their names around.

Attached screenshot shows how it should be.

Are you playing the v38.5 release found on MODDB?
If so there is a chance that whoever added it to MODDB may have messed up and set the debug dll as the active dll for that release.
Yeah that's my concern.

Yeah that's my concern.
Sry, Yes, playing the v38.5...

The CvGameCoreDLL.dll is about 10MB and the .debug is about 20MB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: I reinstalled the entire game, reinstalled the mod and it now works! just 1 issue left :(
I replaced my savegame from before and now get the error message: Save format version is not compatible version=(0) expected version=(1)

(The game's halfway Earth map, middle ages on a snail game, populated all of Europe and Africa almost 40 cities). Definatety don't want to lose that one

Sry, Yes, playing the v38.5...

The CvGameCoreDLL.dll is about 10MB and the .debug is about 20MB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: I reinstalled the entire game, reinstalled the mod and it now works! just 1 issue left :(
I replaced my savegame from before and now get the error message: Save format version is not compatible version=(0) expected version=(1)

(The game's halfway Earth map, middle ages on a snail game, populated all of Europe and Africa almost 40 cities). Definatety don't want to lose that one

It seems you were playing V38.1 after all.
Or you didn't clear cache.
This means goodbye to your save and you have to start new game.

This savebreaking trick was here as ai was horribly broken in V38.1
It was needed as those bugs could persist in save despite being fixed.

Some units need civics to be buildable.
If such civics aren't choosen, then unit won't appear at all - not even when hiding unit is disabled.

Those civics are: Despotism, Feudal, Monarchy, Inquisitorial, Mercantilism and Nationalist.
It should be added to guide.

Or someone could make units and buildings not vanish (completely hidden - not just greyed out) when civic requirements aren't met.

Looks like those were Inquisitor, Castle Guards and pirate ships.

Last edited:
Castle Guards
Do you mean Imperial Guards or is there actually a castle guard? I'm really hoping you don't mean 'city guard' which is a seriously important unit not to miss access to over civics.

Do you mean Imperial Guards or is there actually a castle guard? I'm really hoping you don't mean 'city guard' which is a seriously important unit not to miss access to over civics.
I meant Imperial Guards.
I called them castle guard because they need palace to be built :p

Lol :mischief:

Reactions: tmv
@Thunderbrd I just noticed you put link going straight to moddb.
It should go trough civfanatics download to push download counter
Well... I asked people how to set this up and the only answer I got was from @Harrier about uploading to ModDB. It was my understanding that we couldn't download from CivFanatics with the size we have. So how is it supposed to go to both here?

I cannot edit that post there either.

Well... I asked people how to set this up and the only answer I got was from @Harrier about uploading to ModDB. It was my understanding that we couldn't download from CivFanatics with the size we have. So how is it supposed to go to both here?
No, just put that civfanatics link here, if you click on it, then you will be on mod download page with ratings and stuff.
On top of that there is button saying "download" and under it "via external site".
Person clicking on that will be counted by forums and sent to moddb site.

So "download here!" on beginning of your guide has this link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/caveman2cosmos.15324/

No, just put that civfanatics link here, if you click on it, then you will be on mod download page with ratings and stuff.
Can you use less pronouns here please? I'm not sure what 'here' or it you're referring to.

I see that the page you referred to has a download via external site button. Are you saying that we need to make a new post in the downloads section for civfanatics that somehow sets up this download via external site button that links to ModDB?

oh... you're saying that spot here on CivFanatics doesn't have to be altered at all because that's already linking to the right spot on ModDB and we should be routing all to that page to use the external download link button for stat tracking. Ok... got it. I can fix that up a bit later.

Can you use less pronouns here please? I'm not sure what 'here' or it you're referring to.

I see that the page you referred to has a download via external site button. Are you saying that we need to make a new post in the downloads section for civfanatics that somehow sets up this download via external site button that links to ModDB?

oh... you're saying that spot here on CivFanatics doesn't have to be altered at all because that's already linking to the right spot on ModDB and we should be routing all to that page to use the external download link button for stat tracking. Ok... got it. I can fix that up a bit later.
It isn't updated on next post of guide though.

greetings! first of all ... congrats for this awesome mod .. my fav and only played mod for a while...
... i found out that v.39 is out now and downloaded it (followed the link to moddb and selected the v.39 file
i deleted the old (v.38.5) and put in the v.39 .... but now im not so sure if i did it properly
i started a new game and for example i cannot see the upscaled science cost option (as mentioned in the new v39 features list)
same with new leader traits (i started with no pos trait and developing leaders) and could not get new traits (new as in different from 38.5 known traits)

so i m wondering if i somehow messed up installation or something
thanks in advance
capt_skirk

Upscaled research cost option is on bottom of list.
These can be sorted in SVN once savebreaking period starts.

Also Complex Traits option is somewhere under traits option.

Top Bottom