Caveman2Cosmos

Hvalek

Chieftain
Hi, i'm new to these forums and I wanted to say that this mod really looks cool. I just can't seem to actually play the game.

I have my desktop set at 1152 by 864 pixels, I have 4 gigabytes of RAM, dual core 2.0 GHz processors, and NVIDIA Geforce 6150 LE graphics.

I downloaded the mod in my civilization IV beyond the sword mod list and can launch the mod without any issues. I'm then greeted with that amazing song by brentalfloss and go to start a game (standard size.)

After picking the Roman civilization, I start the game and get greeted by an amazing background. After about 5 minutes of loading (the progress bar never actually moves) the game just closes. I've tried and tried to actually start the game but I haven't had any success, so i'm making this post to troubleshoot this.

I have the Civilization IV complete edition V.3.19. Thanks for making this amazing mod though, I've seen some great gameplay on youtube. Please tell me if I need to provide more information.

What size map are you trying to play on? What is your operating system, ie which version of Windows?

If huge or larger try a smaller one first. This mod is very tough on hardware trying to use all of it or more.

Thanks for responding! I run Windows Vista business (I hate it, upgrading soon) and I tried c2c Perfect Earth2 (I think the map is called that) and c2c continents.

I was browsing and I saw that another user had a similar problem like me (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=498680) when the game hangs at "Initialising" except I "crash" to desktop. I figured that maybe I should stop using "Play Now" after seeing this thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=495657) and it actually closed itself faster when doing a custom game. I've tried different leaders and different civilizations and have had no success.

For some reason whenever I load up this mod, init.xml is never "cached." This is the only mod that didn't have a cached copy of the init.xml after the first lauch

-EDIT:

I started Mongose on tiny and I got the game to "work" past the "initalising" and right after "setting up the map" I got an error saying my computer failed to allocate memory from my graphics card and I got the background music and everything turned black and the game crashed. My desktop then turned black also.

I know I don't have the best specs, but I think my computer is surely able to run the game, right?

Ah but what size map? I would not go above large if you have vista or xp. I could on my machine but I would not be able to play beyond the medieval period because of the graphics requirements of the game. Viewports is the way to go but not until you have at least gotten into c2c to turn them on.

By the way welcome to CFC and C2C.:D

Thanks, I launched the map mongose again on "tiny" and I didn't get a black screen this time. I actually saw graphics but as soon as the game started I get an error "fatal error: memory allocation" I have 4 gigs of RAM and I don't have any antiviruses or programs running the in the background

-Edit: I got the game to work on a stable and functioning level!

Top Bottom