CBP+EE+Future Worlds Comptibility

YINGCHENG

Warlord
Since the VP mod has reached its final stage, I want to know if any Elite modders want to incorporate both EE and Future Worlds mods into the game. Many compatible mods had been released couple months ago, unfortunately,I believe that none of them now actually reaches the current path of CBP development (and no mods now could incorporate both EE and FW into the game properly). I fully understand that many people may not think the CBO+EE+FW Mods is needed for the game since the VP game is already huge and interesting enough. However,I believe it would be AWESOME if we have option to play them altogether (even though in the case the game is not balanced in the late era). Hopefully someone may accept my request. Thanks in advance.

We touched this topic on the Mods compatibility thread before. I finally got to the Enlightement Era in my game (haven't gone through the whole era yet), but I think the infixo's version of EE is at least technically compatible. Aldebaran correctly warned us that the balance has shifted a bit since VP version of EE has been released, but it seems to be playable.

The most glaring problem to me is that the range of ships has been reduced to 1 until cruisers, but the EE ships still keep the range of 2. Then I think no buildings of EE deal with the military units support cap, which does not seem to be a big deal to me. Aldebaran also mentioned the Japanese UA, but it does not seem to be a big problem to me either. After I pass through the EE, I will report my findings in the EE thread. Hopefully infixo will come back and take a look.

One thing I find annoying is that the 2-handed swordsmen take up iron while I would need it to upgrade canons. I think the 2-handed swordsmen should upgrade to Tercios.

As for the future era, you know my take on this one, I rarely get this far in the game, but if you play on quicker pace or start in a later era, then I believe it could be a fun addition if done right.

Hey @vyyt, thanks for your fruitful comments! You always be the person who is helpful the most. Thanks.

As you said, the EE compatibility mod is now technically worked in VP despite the fact that the game is not very balanced in the era. Besides the problems you have mentioned, In my game, I always get explorer instead of pathfinders at the beginning of the game, which annoys me a little bit. I am kinda not sure what is it resulting from. But, yes, I am happy that EE is works for VP.

As for Future Worlds, I feel very disappointed because I could not incorporate it into the game. I have played CP and BNW games a lot and the FW seems an essential part of my game not only because it extends the game a lot but also it changes my strategy of winning the game. So I genuinely hope someone could actually make it at least works for the latest VP game.

In my research of previous threads, I grab a sense that it will not be very hard to make both EE and FW at least compatible to the VP, plus since the VP reaches its final stage, I feel like it is the time for me to lobby or urge again some modders to add them now. Otherwise, i am afraid that we would never see it coming because obviously, modders may shift their attention to Civ 6 in a month or two. Hopefully modders may retouch the ground again.

I see, well the pathfinder issue must be caused by some other mod you are using. I am definitely starting with pathfinders properly even when using EE.

I think the recent imbalance of EE will be easy to improve - let us report our findings in its thread to @Infixo.

I always get explorer instead of pathfinders at the beginning of the game

I got a similar issue with Exploration Continued Expanded. I was getting an adventurer (even better than an explorer) at the start. I could one-shot barbs and ask for tribute from city-states from the start ;-).

Top Bottom