CBP v. 11.1 / CP v. 65.1 - Release Notes

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,
    The latest versions of the CP/CBP will be released shortly. I've completed a multitude of test games without crashes or major bugs, so this feels pretty stable. As always, the primary compatibility hurdle will be EUI, though hopefully Stackpointer is working on a solution to that for us. Until then, EUI is a very tricky pairing. Anyways, here are the changes:

New versions will be online as of 8:00pm EST (Nov. 3).
    Cheers,
    G

2. lockstep

lockstep Prince

Looks good; I especially like the new AI tweaks!

I made some small suggestions to "Buildings 1.3" that didn't make it into CBP 11; maybe you can add them to the next version of CBP:

• Observatory: change it from +3 science, +15% science to +3 science, +17% science;
    • Observatory: make it purchasable with Faith using Jesuit Education;
    • Opera House, Museum, Broadcast Tower: make the Monument a prereq for all of them.

3. Crimson13

Crimson13 Prince

Question about the custom Events and Decisions, if there's a leader mod that adds custom decisions and events would it be compatible with the one from here? Because I've tried it with a leader mod that has it's own special things and the game would CTD when trying to load the map.

Admittedly I didn't try it with just CBP, CP, E&D, and the leader mod so something might've conflicted with it. But I figured I would ask first.

4. Gazebo

Should be, long as it is only adding decisions, not the entire decision framework. As always, caveat emptor.
    G

5. MortalD

MortalD Warlord

Speaking of observatory it would be nice to make it again available in cities with mountains within 2 tiles rather then adjacent.

Other then that : Damn nice work Gazebo! u made me try Civ5 yet again...
    Actually now that i think about it : Curse u Gazebo ! Now i will waste even more of my life on video games

6. Crimson13

Crimson13 Prince

@MortalD
    Pretty sure it's already in.

7. Gazebo

Yep, that's already in. And hey, it isn't a waste if you are having fun. Just get your work done as well! :)
    G

8. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Out of interest, what's actually been changed with E&D?

9. Gazebo

I just merged your lua with CBP's (where they override) and removed the overriding lua from your mod. If you want full control of the download of E&D, I can simply release instructions for compatibility. Either way works for me.

Edit: I misspoke. Your mod was 100% compatible - the lua issue was with the Health and Plague mod. I've hosted yours so as to guarantee a compatible version. In the event that you update E&D and it becomes incompatible, I wanted to have a compatible version on-hand. Again, if you'd prefer to maintain control of the mod, just let me know. I'm impressed with E&D, by the way.

Cheers,
    G

10. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

One game into the latest patch and now getting the change to really try out the religion system. I'm liking it so far, looks like it's going to shape up nicely. Happiness seems to churn along nicely as well (though perhaps a touch too easy for a tall empire, but nothing major) and E&D really is quite impressive, sukritact! :goodjob:

(playing with CPP+CSD+E&D, finding Health and Plague a bit too fiddly from the description)

11. stackpointer

stackpointer King

There are some minor bugs with the current release (v1.23d) of EUI. I'm going to wait for 1.24 before merging the files.

12. Gazebo

Sounds good. Thanks again for your help!
    G

13. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Looks awesome! Thanks you very much, I am a bit sick of BE, time to come back for good old BNW with CPP!!

14. darko82

darko82 Emperor

1.24 is ready to download :)

15. skodkim

skodkim Deity

If someone does test EUI 1.24 with CPP please report here. I followed the usual procedures but can't get the plot help part to Work (Works with 1.23d).

\Skodkim

16. skodkim

skodkim Deity

How do you feel about going back to the layout of the tradition tree from before the latest CiV patch?

I don't really like the idea of having Legalism as a preresquite for both Landed Elite and Monarchy.

\Skodkim

17. Butzke

Butzke Chieftain

Hello, Gazebo, I know that this is an old post, so, does it continues needing to change this archives in the latest version of the CBP for the Health and Plague mod? I've searched for this archives on my folders, but there aren't any folder with Health and Plague in it's name, can you help me with this trouble?

18. Putmalk

Putmalk Deity

Can we make a new post instead of necro'ing a two year old thread? :)

19. Gazebo

Quoi? I don't understand. Health and Plague has no Civ version, and is not compatible out of the box. I don't use it, nor do I test with it, so I can't really help, sorry.

G

20. Funak

Funak Deity

The necro of the century :D. How did he even find it?