CBP(v55)/CP(v4) Release - 7/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gazebo my 'rant' was simply that, a rant. Not focused on you or designed as an attack, just simply a rant.
I'll be the first one to put my hand up and say if it wasn't for your efforts this whole thing just wouldn't happen. Believe me, I know the effort involved with maintaining the pace of this project that's why I was bemused by the lack of code on GitHub, and for the record I can't see any stuff regarding the balance mod. The last commit was nearly a month ago, version 0.2.2.

I stand by those sentiments however. There should be no reason why all the code needs to be forwarded to you. Your work with the DLL is too important to be slowed down with maintaining the simple data edits.

Take the changelog and wiki as an example. While it is good Luke has set them up, it would be better if he was added as a contributor to the LoneGazebo repo and worked on them there. No one coming to this mod will know to look at a forked repo to see the changelog!

It probably still comes across as though I'm having a go at you, I'm not. In fact I'm trying to help by easing your long term workload by mentioning these things now.

Everyone that makes edits should be added as contributors, or better yet collaborators. That way minor edits don't need to be pushed to you for checking. Then when we get into all the xml/sql edits that are being discussed now, each one can just grab the latest copy from GitHub and compile it in ModBuddy. That way we can reach releases quicker as it is easier to bugtest the code you/we write as we write it. Again that makes it easier for you as you don't have to be the funnel for all the code. Unless of course you want to have that hassle.:D

Just let me reiterate, I'm not having a go at you, just the opposite. Okay! No ill will from my side.

Gazebo my 'rant' was simply that, a rant. Not focused on you or designed as an attack, just simply a rant.
I'll be the first one to put my hand up and say if it wasn't for your efforts this whole thing just wouldn't happen. Believe me, I know the effort involved with maintaining the pace of this project that's why I was bemused by the lack of code on GitHub, and for the record I can't see any stuff regarding the balance mod. The last commit was nearly a month ago, version 0.2.2.

I stand by those sentiments however. There should be no reason why all the code needs to be forwarded to you. Your work with the DLL is too important to be slowed down with maintaining the simple data edits.

Take the changelog and wiki as an example. While it is good Luke has set them up, it would be better if he was added as a contributor to the LoneGazebo repo and worked on them there. No one coming to this mod will know to look at a forked repo to see the changelog!

It probably still comes across as though I'm having a go at you, I'm not. In fact I'm trying to help by easing your long term workload by mentioning these things now.

Everyone that makes edits should be added as contributors, or better yet collaborators. That way minor edits don't need to be pushed to you for checking. Then when we get into all the xml/sql edits that are being discussed now, each one can just grab the latest copy from GitHub and compile it in ModBuddy. That way we can reach releases quicker as it is easier to bugtest the code you/we write as we write it. Again that makes it easier for you as you don't have to be the funnel for all the code. Unless of course you want to have that hassle.:D

Just let me reiterate, I'm not having a go at you, just the opposite. Okay! No ill will from my side.

Ah - I actually didn't even notice my wiki edits went to my fork - I just assumed it was the main one. Anyways, I'm hoping to get a nice proper mediawiki install up for the project in a bit if anyone wants it!

I'm not angry - trust me, I teach 100+ college students a semester, and I deal with breakdowns in communication a lot. I'm simply saying to you guys what I say to them: don't blame me for what you haven't read. :)

For example, no one messaged me regarding access to the repository (again, I made a point of this a while back). If I was supposed to glean names from threads, I didn't, as that would be a lot of busy work! I'm also happy to let any and all into the repo...but you have to ask me, in a message, for access!

Also, ExpiredReign I still don't think you are hearing me when I say that the CBP doesn't share a github repo with the combined dll of whoward/gedemon (it never has, per whoward's request). It lurks here:

Community Patch Github Page

You'll see that it is quite updated, including all the modbuddy files you need.

Ah - I actually didn't even notice my wiki edits went to my fork - I just assumed it was the main one. Anyways, I'm hoping to get a nice proper mediawiki install up for the project in a bit if anyone wants it!

Sounds great. I really, really appreciate the organization help.

Anyways, enjoy the latest build - I think it is coming along nicely.
G

Miscommunication, what a good way to describe it.

Yes you are right, I am in error. My mistake was assuming the repo named Community-Patch-DLL was solely for the DLL and the one named Community-Patch-Mod-Files was for the database edits. As I wanted to see first the 'easy' stuff I looked where I thought it would be. I see now there is a folder inside with the stuff I was looking for.

Would you mind clarifying for me the purpose of that second repo? Is it too just a 'test' repo?

Further to the miscommunicating, I am aware you and W are not sharing a repo, I'm not sure how I conveyed any idea to the contrary. No issues though. I think it makes perfect sense to keep them that way.

Now, the edits mystikx has been working on, where might they be? Has he forwarded them to you somehow and they are in the Balance Changes folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom