CCM1 (epic mod)

Ozzy4242, it seems, you made some bigger changes to the CCM biq (per example 1000 turns instead of 500). When looking at the game in the multiplayer view (see the last posts of the RARR thread - post 506 and 507- for more informations how to do it) I saw no signs of the "houseboat bug". On the other side it has no sense to do a deeper look into your game without knowing what changes you have done to the biq. Sometimes it is enough, if you have used some not common signs for city names to run into these problems.

In the end it was not that bug. It was just a turn that for some reason took like 30 min to complete. I left the game running and left and when i came back it was ok :blush:.
I changed indeed the number of turns and the victory conditions. (If i leave it to 500 turns I won't get to final era where the real fun is).
The game is working now (slow AI turns, like 4-5 min but ok).
Thank you.

A short update about the next version of CCM:

I experimented one more time about the best map size for an epic CCM game. With my new pc (4 GHz), 31 civs and an fully enabled trade system (full sea- and airtrade) on a 226 x 226 map, I´m now In my current testgame in era 4 and the interturn times are definitely not any longer a problem. I have also reworked the city view files, but especially the new Indian city view needs some more work. Attached are some screenshots of industrial cities in era 4 of my current testgame:

Era 4 European grassland city:

Era 4 European desert city:

Era 4 Asian small industrial grassland city:

Era 3 Indian industrial city:

So the city view for most civers (including me) is not one of the more important features of Civ 3, I think CCM isn´t complete without it. :) The programming of the city view by Firaxis is really messed up. Mostly the graphics are tied to original pediaicons-entries, but sometimes they are tied to completely other options of the game (per example the harbour graphics are not connected to the habour entry, but to the building that allows coastal trade, what wasn´t the harbour in the next version of CCM - but now it is again).

The next version of CCM holds about 2.300 units, most of them in era 3 and 4 with very detailed civilopedia entries. The current testgame until now was running without any crash. The hyperlink-bug is ironed out of C3C, but unfortunately the houseboat bug is still there.

I still have to do some cosmetic changes in the spacerace and to test and may be to integrate Shiro´s new Gadafi-leaderhead. A special thank you very much to Vuldacon, who made a new version of his big atomic explosion for CCM, that is completely working with nuclear bombers (and the next version of CCM has dozens of them). If all runs well and I have no RL interferences, the testversion can be ready for upload at the end of this week, so in the civilopedia there is always still something to do. Then I have to write a guideline for the betatesters and to send the invitations to the non-public betatest at Civforum.de, what I hope can happen, if all is running well, somewhere in the next week.

Attachments

• Asian-Industrial-small.jpg
    Asian-Industrial-small.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 13,203
  • India-Industrial.jpg
    India-Industrial.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 14,935
Last edited:
One cannot feel anything but profound admiration before the enormous effort you have put in all the mods you are working on.

Your work contributed a great deal to CivIII's appeal, and I thank you for that.

Nathiri, Jarovid and Lionic, thank you very much for your very kind words about CCM. :)

... and some words, why this time there is a non-public betatest of the new version of CCM, so in the former versions there was a public betatest:

The next version of CCM mods the C3C mainfiles and the main-biq (so doing no harm to existing scenarios and conquests in the scenario and conquests folders, as all original entries of the C3C biq and the original C3C mainfiles are included in the next version of CCM). I want this new way of modding Civ 3 and the description how to do it, tested first by some experienced C3C modders and players before letting operate not so experienced civers with the C3C mainfiles (what would be the case in a public betatest of the next version of CCM).

I also want to iron out as many errors as possible, so unexperienced players will have a fully working download and need as less additional patches as possible.

Bring it on, civinator :)

Sorry for the delay. My computer is hacked. I don´t know when I can do here anything again. I´m writing these lines not on my pc.

nono
I hope that for us and of you course Data can rescue

:wallbash::shifty::dunno::trouble::aargh:

Wotan49
:old:

Oh, come on mate. Don't say this is another like El Justo and his advanced new AoI. Crash and gone, since he forgot to backup the files.
In the time we live in today everything can happen.
Please do inform us the extent of this terrible news.

This mod is like a second coming of the Holy Grail, don't say it's lost forever :cry::confused::sad:

Thank you all for your kind posts. I made backups of CCM, but nearly one month of very hard work is lost, among them all modifications of the city view and unfortunately Vuldacon´s new nuclear explosion for bombers. Only some short notes,as I write these lines from an unprotected laptop. Those who have my email adress, please don´t trust posts comming from the old adress any longer, as my email adress is in the hand of bad people, so I have changed the password immediately.

Vuldacon, if you should read these lines, may be you could upload your great new atomic explosion for bombers here at CFC .

Did you also modify the way palaces look and enable palace view in custom games? I heard messing with vanilla city view buildings (the citizen houses, not the buildings you can build in the city) can crash the game. Are there graphics mods for these in the database or did figure out a way to add them in yourself?

Solborn, here only a short answer, as at present I have only a limited access to the internet:

I didn´t modify the palace graphics, so there are some alternative palace graphics available if I remember well.
About the city view graphics I did some descriptions in the posts above. In the CFC database there are no alternative graphics, but there was a mod at the site of G.D. Dustin (that was closed long ago). There are some remnants of that mod at Apolyton. To handle these graphics is somewhat tricky, as the programing of the city view seems to be massivly spoiled (more in the posts above).

Edit: Here is the link to the Apolyton thread: https://apolyton.net/forum/civilization-series/civilization-iii/75542-graphic-new-city-view-look

Last edited:
Thank you, Civinator. I could only download the 2.0 file, as the 6.0 file is no longer available to download and that thread died in 2004, unfortunately. But still, thanks. I've seen screenshots of the mod (not sure which version) and couldn't find it anywhere, so much appreciated.

Error. READING FILE
Pedialcons.txt
WON_SPASH_BLDG_The_Hunnic_Storm

There "The_Mongol_Storm".

Last edited:
Civinator... I know you have the new atomic explosion for bombers I Uploaded to the Database but I wanted to express my sympathy for your Loss of files.
I hope you will not have too much trouble replacing the Lost Files.

I use a Two Terabyte external Hard Drive to back up files daily and I highly recommend it. Also burn a CD with any important files.
The external Hard Drives are not too expensive now and are seriously Fast to use with USB Ports.

If I can help you in any way... you know how to reach me.

Top Bottom