CCMAT or Economy Mod?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Aeroplace, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Aeroplace

Aeroplace Chieftain

Hi

What are peoples recommendations for improving Civ 5 using mods?

• CCMAT?
    • Economy Mod?
    • Or?

2. Tred

Tred Chieftain

I use Thal's Balance - Combined in addition to others Thal says he likes. That way I am sure they are compatible.

Thal's mod saved Civ 5 for me -- after two weeks, I was about to give up on it. The main change is the pacing that adds some drama and makes you care. Of course, there are many other improvements as well.

3. Bazman1976

Bazman1976 Chieftain

Tred, what are the other mods you are using?

I'm using Thal's as well and interested in what others work well with it.

Cheers,
    Baz.

4. six blade knife

six blade knife Chieftain

hey aeroplace,

I both played with economy mod and ccmat. basically I find them both awesome. it's hard to chose between the two. the only thing I think can make you decide is that in economy mod you've got several new buildings which works with food resources.
    from my point of view, I think I'll stick with ccmat for a while since I just love the changes Thal made in balance things.
    that were my 2 pieces =)

cheers !

5. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :
    Hi

What are peoples recommendations for improving Civ 5 using mods?

* CCMAT?
    * Economy Mod?
    * Or?
    :hide:

If undecided try both out. I have used both and prefer Economy mod a bit more with the buildings using up resources for bonus or what have you. Or just download ALL the mods you like try them, and decide which suits yer fancy, and go from there.

Another thing to consider is other mods you may want to use, and checking the compatibility with whichever Mod, CCMAT or Economy..other, you end up choosing.

Finally consider how many Mods you are willing to use, with more comes higher probability for errors, especially around patch time. :wallbash:

6. Aeroplace

Aeroplace Chieftain

Thanks for the help. I will first give CCMAT a spin and then Economy mod ...