CCTP We need you, we need support.

Gilgamesch

Ancient Alien
Help needed

While coding for CCTP, iam feeling like a hobbit in a hole.
There are so many places that needs overwork and also much time.
Í ask the community, if someone is willing in helping to provide a better version of CCTP.
Ether you can coding or creating icons/art, we need both.
All former members of CCTP are lacking time, so if you would like to see a bug free, full working version soon, there is no other way as waiting or helping us.
Feel free to post here or send a pm and we can talk, about your likes and what you are willing to do for CCTP.
Again this is Community Call To Power, since Decimatus left and Chrome/Fires/Horem managed to get it working again, a long time has left.
There where so many people here on civfanatics how has done a lot of work for this mod, so i doubt that no one will response on this thread.

We need help in some parts, even when you have no modding experiences, but willing to provide help, there will a way to help.

Any help will be credited and your work will be seen by many people who play this mod.

Thanks for reading, all the best....

On second thought, after looking through the CCTP files I could probably do something to help. Just nothing major like adding new GUIs, please, I have no idea how to do that.

On second thought, after looking through the CCTP files I could probably do something to help. Just nothing major like adding new GUIs, please, I have no idea how to do that.

Sorry for my late response.
We need help in many places. Bug hunting, game testing, game text looking.
Also for future releases i plan to add support for other languages, so even when you speak another language, there would be a place to help.

Also we need names for many new policies, beliefs, buildings and wonders.
There for pedia text and while iam not perfect corrections of my text work.

Hope this gives a look what you can do without modding knowledge.
Iam very happy when some of you just play test the Version, and give me feedback and point out some issues.
This helps me a lot in fixing problems.

what type of icons/art do you need?

Icons/Art, where do i start.
The new League Projects and Resolutions would need icons, some icons for electricity buildings are missing (OFSWindpark, Bio Plant, Windturbines) some modern units also needs icons, Manpower could need a better fitting icon.
For adding new technologies we would also need new icons.

do you have some templates?

Not realy, some from the database here on civfanatics.
Iam lacking work in icons, so there maybe others wither better hepl for this.

I made the CCTP policies' descriptions more professional-looking (Less grammatical/spelling errors).

Big thanks, but still working on the policies. Im including many request for wonders and try to balance all idealogy policies to.

Did the same thing with Religions. Renamed a couple religions' names in the XML to make it more friendly to non-German speakers (Specifically, GLAUBENSKRIEG has been renamed to RELIGIOUSWAR, and KIRCHENTEUER has been renamed to CHURCHTAXES).

Big thanks, but still working on the policies. Im including many request for wonders and try to balance all idealogy policies to.

Since you have to fix the tech tree anyway, I advise that you make "science" and "technology" techs: science techs have little direct benefit but allow you to move forward along the tech tree, while technology techs should provide direct benefits, but be mostly dead ends and require various amounts of :c5gold:, :c5production:, :c5culture:, and :c5food: as well as :c5science:. This will tie in with the corporation system that we will be able to implement once Horem and fires can come back to this mod.

I have some experience with application development in high-level languages (python 2.x, VB, a few others) and also at the mid-level (C++). I don't know lua, but I could learn it fairly quickly due to its similarity to the other languages I know.

So there's a possibility I can help out in the future, if you need a programmer.

I have some experience with application development in high-level languages (python 2.x, VB, a few others) and also at the mid-level (C++). I don't know lua, but I could learn it fairly quickly due to its similarity to the other languages I know.

So there's a possibility I can help out in the future, if you need a programmer.

That is realy a good news.:D

I have not done any programing in 25 years, but I am happy to help by:
- play test the current version, and so contribute to bug hunting & game testing
- suggest names for the new policies, beliefs, buildings and wonders. I will look at the pedia text and offer suggested corrections.
- creating icons/art (once I have learned how to do that :crazyeye:)

I have not done any programing in 25 years, but I am happy to help by:
- play test the current version, and so contribute to bug hunting & game testing
- suggest names for the new policies, beliefs, buildings and wonders. I will look at the pedia text and offer suggested corrections.
- creating icons/art (once I have learned how to do that :crazyeye:)

You are more then welcome;)
This is a community project all help is welcome.

Well after a lot of coding CCTP has now 300 Technologies more then 200 Buildings and wonders.
Hell was a great mess to work to all this stuff, and there are many places that need intentions.

So where i need help is this. My time is spare but i would liked to present a full working version.
When someone would be willing to create for the new technologies pedia texts this would help a lot, help textes and overwork should i do, because iam the only one how knows what got changed.
Also i need help with SQL, i lost so many time while recoding xml into SQL.
But in 50% of the time i encounter strange bugs and the database is no help there.
So for speeding up the whole mod it would be nice if someone could help me out here.

Well what else, oh yes one important change, the game will not start with agriculture)

Well after a lot of coding CCTP has now 300 Technologies more then 200 Buildings and wonders.
Hell was a great mess to work to all this stuff, and there are many places that need intentions.

When someone would be willing to create for the new technologies pedia texts this would help a lot, help textes and overwork should i do, because iam the only one how knows what got changed.

I can go through the files "CiVCCTP_Buildings.xml" and "Buildings.xml" and add in pedia entries and correct minor errors (like places wherewords are not spelled corectly or there is no space between twowords) :)

I will run the game with the revised files, and after checking for errors will send it to you.

I can go through the files "CiVCCTP_Buildings.xml" and "Buildings.xml" and add in pedia entries and correct minor errors (like places wherewords are not spelled corectly or there is no space between twowords) :)

I will run the game with the revised files, and after checking for errors will send it to you.

This would be perfect, but please dont edit the version you have.
I will post here the lastest files , or send you the latest files per pm.
Otherwise it would be useless work, since i edited my current version massiv.

This would be perfect, but please dont edit the version you have.
I will post here the lastest files , or send you the latest files per pm.
Otherwise it would be useless work, since i edited my current version massiv.

OK - I sent you an email with my return email. Looking forward to getting those files!

Top Bottom