1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Projekt Red have started a mysterious Cyberpunk 2077 stream on twitch, lots of mysterious code

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Leathaface, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

2. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

haroon likes this.
  3. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

Have to say it looks pretty damn good. Sort of like a futuristic GTA V on Steroids. And that sounds sort of fine to me.

4. coanda

coanda Emperor

If it were any developer but CDPR, I'd be convinced right now that this game would fall flat and fail to deliver just from too big a scope and overreach.

With CDPR... I'm hopeful. I'll want to see how it's shaping up closer to release.

5. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

I just hope its a huge success and delivers. More to give two fingers to awful developers like EA and the like who seem hell bent on selling their "Live service" BS, loot boxes, gambling, and other anti consumer practices.

Interestingly, i was reading that CDPR have actually been given the financial investment to make cyberpunk by the Polish government to try and establish a computer gaming market there. And its some millions of € to deliver game by April 2018. And Cyberpunk is the game. They appear to be ahead of development. It sounds waaaaaaaay better than Anthem. Which according to Bioware has moved away from story driven multi layered dialogue (you know - everything they were supposed to be good at) to more a co op shooter style of game (Destiny 2 anyone?). What with Battlefield V and Battlefront 2 last year, EA has not had the best of times recently. And its richly deserved IMO. If it werent for the millions of moronic madden and fifa players they would be in a spot of bother. Yet they still saw fit to pay that cancerous leech Patrick Soderlund 11M$. And remember - games are too expensive.

Thlayli likes this.
  6. coanda

coanda Emperor

Uh... April 2018 is already past, not ahead of schedule. Did you mean 2019 or 2020?

7. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

Yea my bad - 2019 :crazyeye:

8. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Is it sad that I've watched the 45 min Cyberpunk gameplay footage like 3 times now lol? I just can't get enough of it. For those that got bored I should point out it gets way better after the opening 10-15min mission. Takes me back to so many films like blade Runner, Minority Report, Judge Dread 90s and especially 2012 version, 5th element etc. Reminds me that I need to check out that recent cyberpunk TV show called Altered Carbon! Mates keep talking about it being really good.

I play a lot of futuresynth, 80s synth, retro synth music on youtube and the videos are often accompanied by cool animations of retro futuristic cars driving through cyberpunk style dystopian cities at night with glowing blue and purple nights. In the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage when you see them get in the retro sportscar and drive around the city GTA5 style I knew right away that there's gonna be moments where I break off from the main game just go for a drive at night playing some tunes haha.

9. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

Yes..... yes it is! :lol:

Have you played far cry blood dragon? If not that would be right up your street if you like 80s/90s culture.

10. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

I have the game, the soundtrack and a poster of Far Cry Blood Dragon on my wall. :lol::lol:

sherbz likes this.
  11. haroon

haroon Deity

the best thing I've seen this day, amazing really amazing. It seems it takes the best of Bioware and the best of Bethesda into one game. Amazing.

Blake00 likes this.
  12. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

This awesome E3 trailer with Keanu Reeves is old news now I know.. but apparently the full big gameplay footage they privately showed at E3 will be out soon publicly at Gamescon. Can't wait to sit down and take it all in like I did with the last big 45min one haha.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  13. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

I watched this, and straight away afterwards i went over to GOG and pre ordered it. I thought i was too old for hype, but i am drooling over this.

Blake00 likes this.
  14. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Haha yeah I was so blown away with it I pre-ordered a physical copy as soon as I watched this lol (not the big collectors one though as that was waaaaay too expensive lol).

sherbz likes this.
  15. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

It was the Keanu Reeves thing at the end that did it for me. I literally shouted "NO WAY", then pre ordered it straight away lol. It was probably the best E3 reveal of all time IMO. CD Project Red have their finger well and truly on the pulse of the gaming community. They seem to know exactly what it is that we want.

16. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Sadly it looks like they decided not to show that private E3 gameplay demo however they've made a new 15min 'Deep dive' video for Gamescon followed by a half hour Q&A session with the Devs. Man that nethacker whip thing looks awesome!