1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Censorship in civ 5

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Blitzscream, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timtofly

timtofly One Day

Removing the mod was a good business decision. Now if steam removes it from being playable, that would be censorship. By the way, censorship is not wrong. It is a way that a person or entity rationalizes feelings. During the war Hitler censored most everything that was not Nazi. After the war Germany censored everything that was Nazi. Also there is no freedom of speech any more. It has been censored to allow diversity. In other words you are no longer allowed legally to speak your mind, due to the fact it may offend someone.

2. Thoughtful Thug

Thoughtful Thug Deity

Still censorship. No matter how controversial it is, it is still a subject of whether it is suppressed by a controlling body or individual that view it to be harmful, sensitive, or other bull-crap.

3. McDanny

McDanny Chieftain

I still don't really understand why people would even want Hitler as a leader... not only would it be highly distasteful and cause unnecessary controversy, but there are other leaders of Germany who I would count as being greater, and having far more impact on their nation, than ol' Adolf. To each their own, I guess.

4. Melchizel

Melchizel Chieftain

This! I agree completely :p

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Thread closed on request of the thread starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.