Census of NESing Activity (And Other Useful Stuff)

Terrance888

Discord Reigns
This thread is where I will post Census Data of NESes by the chart above, open the way for anyone else to post other kinds of census data (I dunno, #times you need to clean your PM box every month?), as well as allow discussion of said Censii. A record of these Censii will be placed in the next post (as well as this one, if necessary.)

My Rules:<-I'll follow them, you could if you want.
1. Please don't judge the census-takers, only the data. They can't personally join all NESes to put their fingers right on its pulse.
2. Please issue complaints within a week of a posted Census.
3. Please post Methodology for other Censii, as well as record posted Censii by yourself. I will link to your Censii archive and methodology posts together.
4. This is for the discussion of the data, trends that they show, and how they are collected. Suggestions, improvements, complaints, ect are appreciated, but calls to arms based on this data are not. :p
5. If you adjust your methodology, strike out/bold changes, as well as note when it took place (say, since the third update for March I start recording # of players.)

Thank you all. Hopefully this will be a useful resource for all of us (even if NESing activity is the only census available. :))

List of Census Posts
Census of NESing Activity-Run by Terrance888

List of Analysis Posts

Sorry, what?

I get it and think this thread is actually a good idea, although it needs another title.

If analyzed properly, this could help mods and players understand how good NESes are designed and run so that they don't die. If not, then this will be a waste of space.

PRE-NES!
From the Ashes: A Story of the Void
Pre-SysNES2: Beta-testing and Submission

FRESH AND ALIVE!
NukeNes XXV: Empires under the Sun
EltNES: THIS World is Yours
GamezNES - The Setting Sun
TACNES II &#8211; A Far Green Country
juliusNES II: Lost Causes
SprylliNES V: The Peloponnesian War

strong
TuxLife
Absolution 4: Tabula Rasa
Legends of Citana: The First Era
Viva Trópico 2: A Pure Politics NES!
Capto Iugulum: Empires and Nations

live
End of Empires - N3S III
PerfNES I: Ultima Ratio Regum
GalaxyNES- No Horizons
TerraNES: The Civil Experiment :)()

weak
NutraNESIV.5: Fantasy Remastered

hibernating
TBNES: Tournament
ZombieNES: Vanity City
Sekai II: The Third Age
DaftNESIV: The Prophecy

dead
NotReallyNES - The UpTheArrrr Tournament
Viva Tropico: A Pure Politics NES

I stick with my original assessment. There aren't nearly enough players to maintain this many NESes.

Why's EoE live, and PerfNES only weak? They've updated about the same amount of times in the past six months. :p

Because EoE has a constant (if slow) stream of stories between updates, while PerfNES sees the precipitous drop of player non-involvement between the slower updates.

That said, I can always adjust them both to weak, because I somehow can't see myself putting both in Live.

And they are clearly not hibernating-both moderators are somewhat active and most think (not hope) that their precious stats should come soon.

Stats for Perfnes have been updated :p

I think this needs an update :)

Links to the particular NES would be swell, though it might be too much work.

How you've grown, Terrance. I remember you when you were just a pup.

NukeNes in strong?

GamezNES is hibernating. I'm not sure whether to revive it, or begin working on my next project.

Top Bottom