1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CEP v3.14.1 Churches of Lalibela gives free missionary with 2 uses

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by damunzy, Feb 28, 2014.

1. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

This is my first time using the Churches- trying a different way to play the game. I assume that the free missionary from the Churches of Lalibela should have 3 uses not 2.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Build Churches of Lalibela.
    2. Receive Free Missionary.
    3. ??
    4. No PROPHET! ;)

Spoiler Church is built :

Spoiler Free Missionary with only 1 of 2 uses left :

Spoiler Additional Missionaries have 3 uses :

2. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

This is a known issue and is currently being investigated.
    It was first reported here in our GitHub Issues page.

And NO prophet is intended.

3. SlothACID

SlothACID Chieftain

My guess as to why this issue occurs is because the missionary is spawned THEN the check for ExtraMissionarySpread (or whatever variable is actually used) occurs. In any case, I don't see this as much of an issue because a free missionary is nice for spreading religion and all future missionaries born in that city still get 3 uses.

4. damunzy

True enough, I couldn't find the link again for the GitHub Issues page....even though I am following it. :blush: But, maybe my report on here prompted GrantSP to take a look again on GitHub....maybe.

I know I shouldn't joke on bug reports but I couldn't help it. ;)

Probably, and agreed that it isn't a big bug but I felt the responsibility to report it anyways. The old Test Engineer in me I guess. :goodjob:

5. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

@damunzy

You did prompt me (aka GrantSP) to have another look into it. You may be interested, as an engineer, to see what progress (or lack of it) I am making. Really strange behaviour with the Building_FreeUnits code.

Success!

Error due to Firaxis' stupidly defining the gifting code, in the DLL, to check for UNITCLASS despite the actual tag in Building_FreeUnits looking for UnitType.

6. damunzy

Oh those different names! ;)
    With any sufficiently large code base with multiple devs working on it there is bound to be idiosyncrasies/deviations from what should be!

I am slowly looking at the CEP dev documentation/GitHub/Google Docs to see how I can help. I don't plan on being a "rockstar" but will gladly play a little part.

7. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Documentation may be on the 'slim' side but all you have to do is ask. Many helpful souls here on the forum can assist with just about anything.

If more specific GitHub related questions are posed you could try PMing any of the team, me, stackpointer, SkodKim, EricB and the team lead, Thalassicus.