Certain aspects of DLC missing

Supertoastfairy

Chieftain
Hi everyone. I've been playing Civ 5 about 1-2 years, and I have every DLC and expansion thus far: I bought the Gold Edition, which came with Spain, Inca, Denmark, Polynesia, Korea, Babylon, G&K and a whole bunch of scenarios, and then I bought BNW. For a while I had most if not all of the content included in those purchases (certain wonders like Temple of Artemis and Mausoleum of Halicarnassus have always been unavailable for whatever reason), and I was able to play normal games with the Inca, Denmark, Korea, etc.

After a few months of not playing, however, I came back to find that certain aspects of the DLC were no longer available. Most of the civs included (Inca, Denmark, Korea and Babylon) in gold edition seem to have disappeared, but I can still play with Spain and Polynesia. Upon googling, I've found one or two other situations that fit my description, but they weren't answered. Has anyone else heard of this, and what can I do to possibly fix it? Is it a matter of reinstalling the game?

First make sure they are listed and enabled in the game's DLC menu.

If they are not listed there, in the Steam client right click on Civ V and go to properties>DLC and make sure it is listed and ticked there.

If it isn't listed in the Steam properties, it is not on your account and you have to contact Steam support.

If it is listed, and not showing up in the game or not in the game's DLC menu, verify the game file in Steam. If that doesn't work, uninstall the game, delete the folder "sid meier's civilization v" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common. Then reinstall the game.

They do appear in the DLC page, both in-game and Steam properties. I'll try to verify then possibly reinstall.

I verified my cache, all of which were cleared. However, after going into the cache folder for Civ 5 I found that I had localization files for Mongolia and Polynesia (the DLC civs I could actually play) but not for Korea, Babylon, Denmark, etc. How would reinstalling the game work then if I apparently don't have those files in my computer in the first place?

Top Bottom