Certain Mods unavailable

macmearlen

Chieftain
I recently tried to download several MODS for Civ IV: Colonization and found that both the Portugal and East Indies MODS were unavailable from the indicated sites. What gives? Shouldn't the creators of these two MODS check their sites ahead of time to avoid interested players going on wild goose chases to find them?

I'm afraid that the authors of these mods may be long gone from these forums / modding scene.
As for portugal, they may be found in several mods (TAC and RAR come to mind).
I suppose you're better of playing either a polished / completed mod like TAC or a mod that is still under active development like DOANE or RAR.

Mac, just grab the Religion & Revolution mod from these forums (in fact, R & R even has its own separate forum here!).

Religion & Revolution is the largest, most comprehensive version of Colonization which exists. It adds so many different play options its unimaginable.

Portugal exists as one of the starting nations you can choose to play. There are also two additional ports you can sail to, dozens of added Native tribes, huge and realistic maps of both North and South America, as well as tons of new trade goods you can buy and sell.

If the gaming world at large knew of the R & R mod, and how much it added to Civ4: Colonization, then Civ4: Colonization would quickly become one of the year's biggest sellers on Steam.

It's that good.

Also, it's still being updated, "patched" if you will, right on up to the present day.

Top Bottom