Cethegus, i'm calling you out.

Moderators/admins/other posters, allow me to explain.

We've been looking for a long lost friend of ours, and we've been trying to find him for days on end, with no succes. However, as far as we can tell, the person on this forum that goes by the name of 'Cethegus' is that person. He fits the description perfectly, and thus, we try to call him out to talk with us again.

However, because we, sadly enough, only registered on this forum to talk to him, and share no interest in discussing the game (although I do have to mention I played Civ before, and I enjoyed it, but it's just not the type of game I can play hours on end) we cannot send him a PM or E-mail, due to these rules:

We have had a lot of spam / adbots lately. In an effort to reduce SOME of the load on the moderators in dealing with this, we have made a few minor changes to permissions for newly registered posters. Until a member has been registered for 5 days AND has 5 posts, the following restrictions will apply:

* Members will not be able to use signatures.
* Members will not be able to e-mail other members.
* Members will not be able to post visitor messages or post (or join) social groups.

Please let this thread live so we can try to get his attention and talk to him. LoneBeautyNorth found out he frequents this part of the forum the most so we made a thread here.

Thank you,

Jaimy.

ps. if someone that IS able to e-mail him though, and would be so kind to do so, it would be very much appreciated.

However, because we, sadly enough, only registered on this forum to talk to him, and share no interest in discussing the game (although I do have to mention I played Civ before, and I enjoyed it, but it's just not the type of game I can play hours on end) we cannot send him a PM or E-mail, due to these rules:

Just make 5 shallow, but on-topic posts in civ forums.

Moderators/admins/other posters, allow me to explain.

We've been looking for a long lost friend of ours, and we've been trying to find him for days on end, with no succes. However, as far as we can tell, the person on this forum that goes by the name of 'Cethegus' is that person. He fits the description perfectly, and thus, we try to call him out to talk with us again.

Maybe because Im not American the above post sounds quite strange. Somehow sounds impersonal not like worried friends but more like a cult or group trying to restablish contact.

"we try to call him out to talk with us again."

Im mean this sentence sounds well spooky not like a personal plea from a friend but a well rehearsed line used many times by a group. Also it says "us" not "me". A friend would offer to speak one to one, by suggesting cetegus needs to speak to "us" its like a whole group want to get in touch.

Personally sounds a bit like Scientology to me.

Maybe because Im not American the above post sounds quite strange. Somehow sounds impersonal not like worried friends but more like a cult or group trying to restablish contact.

"we try to call him out to talk with us again."

Im mean this sentence sounds well spooky not like a personal plea from a friend but a well rehearsed line used many times by a group. Also it says "us" not "me". A friend would offer to speak one to one, by suggesting cetegus needs to speak to "us" its like a whole group want to get in touch.

Personally sounds a bit like Scientology to me.

You're right, it does sound rather suspicious.

Yes, he escaped from our secret lair in a finnish castle and he knows the secrets of our cult, we're trying to get him back to our basement and make him work on the god-machine, an aparatus which thrives on human brains in order to save the world.

Or, we're just trying to sound formal. You pick

This is getting weird. I'm just gonna msg him to let him know. Maybe someone could shut this thread up before it gets out of control?

Well I never expected to find you guys here. To be honest I never expected to hear of the two of you again. I'm sorry for the delay however; since I've had a lot of stuff going on in my life lately, I've had limited access here. And you probably noticed that I changed e-mail address as well.

So, what brings you two looking for me? Certainly not that apparatus, I hope.

YES! It is you. Well, long story short; Ali came on MSN again after I hadn't seen him online for months, so we did the whole 'catching-up-with-eachother' thing and were wondering whatever happened to our lone beauty of the north. So we started randomly searching on the interbutts, and eventually ended up here with someone faguely familiar.

So, we tried to contact you and it apparently worked. What's up, dude?

Weird way for friends to reconnect, though it worked. :)
I also think rhat now the thread accomplished its goal, it could be locked...

Top Bottom