CF2 - Band of Brothers (America/Deity/PTW)

voodoocat

Finally ok with Arizona

Settings:

World Size: Standard
Ocean Coverage: 80%
Land: Continents
Climate: Normal
Temp: Temperate
Barbarians: Roaming
Civ: Americans
Opponents: England, France, Russia, German, Italy, and Japan
Difficulty: Deity+
Victory Conditions: Only Diplomatic, Conquest and Domination are enabled. Diplo is enabled so we will need to build the UN.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/CF2-4000BC.zip

I had the idea for CF2 after watching Band of Brothers for the second time. I also decided to create a terrain set for the game. The idea was to get a darker/brown sepia feel to the existing terrain. Now that I know the process, I will start working on further sets with more creation.

This influence for this variant is the story of the 506th Regiment of the 101st airborn division. The story begins at boot camp where you are introduced to men who volunteered to be paratroopers. These soldiers knew they would be dropped over battle zones. This is in the spirit of the Cannon Fodder series. After a space victory in our previous game, I am ready for some fighting, but not just any fighting.

Where the story ties in with our game is with paratroopers. The men of Easy Company did not only drop over Normandy. They took part in the battles in Bastogne and Carentan. They fought from D-Day through to the end of the war.

Rule 1: The only unit that may ever attack a city is a paratrooper. War can happen outside of our territory but there are restrictions on that.

Rule 2: This was a collaboration with speaker to incorporate more of an American history feel.

Start - pre Gunpowder : There is no such thing as an American Knight, or American spearman. The only military units we may build are warrior, horseman, Archer, and longbow.

Gunpowder - Advanced Flight: We may now fight outside of our territory. We may not take any cities though. We may want to do a lot of pillaging to slow the game down once we have rifles

Advanced Flight - The end: Attacking AI cities is now available by paratroopers only. We will need lots of bombard power.

Here are the players that have RSVP'd for the evening showing. One slot left

1. speaker
2. Cartouche Bee
3. skyfish
4. voodoocat
5. q33555

These are the players that have shown intrest. Please verify. The remaining spots are open for anyone with a Deity win. Either solo or in a Succession game.

Terrain Mod

You guys won't get rid of me that easy...I'm BACK !

Got you in there Skyfish!

I'm still trying to upload the damn terrain set. I've been looking for a free web storage site that will let me have a zip file. I found one and am waiting on an email so I can upload it. Now I have to leave for work so I should have the start file and the terrain set uploaded after I get home from work.

2 suggestions :
- you should put the game into the Registry, loads of people check it for new SGs.
- you should let me play after CB in order to balance the roster as I am the weaker player of you all ;)

You should post in the RBD-SG thread about this game, I am sure you will get some interest there...
a four-man rotation might be too fast for me I can not play more than once a week.

It sounds interesting, but I'm not up to deity yet ( in my first emperor game.) mabye in a whiile. good luck

RRnut

P.S. this is not a join message!!!!

I like the concept, and I think it's great that you made a tile set for the game voodoocat (even if it is a small change). I would play but am currently overcommited to other SG's and RL, seems like there have been alot of good Diety SG's starting lately. Good luck guys

You should post in the RBD-SG thread about this game, I am sure you will get some interest there...
a four-man rotation might be too fast for me I can not play more than once a week.

I don't want a 4 man rotation either. That's why I'm waiting to post the start.

There's only 1 spot left so I'm sure we'll find someone soon.

I'm a monarch player. However, I'm in!

Edit: Just noticed I am required of a Diety win. Nevermind, I'll just watch this one then.

Been lurking around the RBCiv site more than here recently so only just seen this sign up thread. I'll be in - I'll try and take more part this time - my really busy RL schedule has calmed down somewhat now. Hopefully you all saw my post to the CF1 thread to show I'm eligible (although its still my only deity victory)

Just a couple of points -

@voodoocat - how much have you modded the terrain? I'm quite attached to my sn00py modded graphics ;)

For me (and I guess Skyfish) to play we must play 1.14f seeing as us poor relations in Europe don't get the new patches quite as quickly as you guys in the US (deja vu! - I seem to remember writing a very similar point at the start of CF1 :) )

Q! Good to see you. I'd like if you could use the terrain I created. It was created for this game only really. It's nothing more than giving the original terrain sepia toning and blending it slightly with the original to add a small amount of color.

We may have some conflicts here. I've got another SG that might be going to 1.21. I'll try and talk them into using 1.14 because the game is almost over anyway.

Yeah, I might have a problem here with versions also (I'm waiting to see how the dust settles). I'll know in the next while, this is too bad, I can't quite figure out why the language versions are such a problem for a company the size of Infogrames.

Will not be moving to 1.21f for a while I think....

Top Bottom