CFC Fantasy Champions League, 2013–14

So I had a look at that. Never done a game like that. I normally only do the ones that predict the games (with preferably one that awards points in a 5-2-2-1 scheme (correct winner - goals home - goals away - goal difference)).

So yeah, I'm not sure I understood the game right so I expect to do horribly (or "never-bluff-a-monkey"-style amazingly ;)). But I guess it's not the idea to discuss much before matchday one, right? :)

I went ahead and joined under Melgarejo. Haven't ever tried fantasy football before* (Fantasy American Football yes, not this though)

It's very simple when you are used to it. You pick players, and get points for clean sheets, 'recovered balls', assists, goals, and so on. You can make transfers between game weeks, and substitutions between the two match days (Tuesday and Wednesday). Make sure to play all your match day one players (the guys playing on Tuesday) in the starting lineup. If you don't like their point tally, you can sub them with match day two players (guys playing on the Wednesday) in the period in between.

I'm in. Set up my team and ready to go.

Twelve people now. Great numbers considering the late notice. And still three hours to go before it's too late. I've PMed some of the EPL fantasy guys I noticed as absent in case they have not seen this yet.

Yea - I sort of haphazardly picked my team :p. I only have 2-ish real subs [The other 2 players were backups I could get with the little amount of points I had left, just so I would hit the 15 players #]

I don't do things like this since I did a World Cup version. I just don't like non league fantasy, since the players change too regularly when they move further into the stages. I prefer a steady group of players to pick from.

I've tried to join twice but each time i get "Selection Entry failure".

I had a great team too :(

Yeah, I couldn't get access to make chances last night either. Annoying.

BTW if you have a team you can still join the league I think. The deadline is just in your interest so that you don't fall a week behind on points.

26 points from yesterday :( [My team is Melgarejo]. Those Ronaldo picks for people seemed to have paid off quite well... At least Alaba paid out well for me.

I got thirty four. I don't know if it is good or bad, but I got zero from two players.

Top Bottom