1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CFC Fantasy Premier League 2009/10

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by flaming_iles, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Napoleon: "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"; perhaps I should have not said anything about Villa's two matches this week. Or perhaps it was painfully obvious anyway.

2. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I think there was a good chance that I would have missed that they were playing twice. Of course they will probably lose twice now with Dunne getting sent off.

3. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I'd offer some of my wisdom, but since I'm currently last in the head to head league, you probably don't want my advice.

4. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I would have missed it ;) Been too busy..

5. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Well, it's a friendly competition :)

But I definitely won't tell my workmates.

6. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I need to start putting my team value advantage to some good use and start catching up...

Having said that, the gap isn't nearly as wide as it was this time last year.

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I gambled on Dunne as my captain also, when I would have had Drogba as Captain. Hopefully he scores next game. I will not say that soon four team will be having a double game week. Oops. :mischief:

8. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

What a waste of time! I even spent 4 points making an extra transfer once I realised both my keepers weren't playing, and the replacement Sorensen only got me 1 point. Balls.

EDIT: And the keeper I replaced (Jensen) did actually play and got 7 points! ARGH

9. classical_hero

SOme people are going to have transfer two players out of there team, due to injury.

10. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

Man, I was so sure I knew which transfers to make this week I made both my free ones at the start, forgetting that last weekend was international duty. Now, my three most expensive players aren't playing this weekend ... time to make some costly extra transfers I suppose :(

11. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

You could just leave them in. Depends how long they are going to be out injured and who you can put in instead. 0 points is better than a negative amount and your subs might have a decent game.

12. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

That's true, it's a tough call. Van Persie is out for 6 weeks, Lampard for maybe 3 weeks, Drogba probably just this weekend. Also, leaving them all in doesn't give me any flexibility for my other players not contributing, and ties up ~£35m in generating no points. I'll probably compromise and spend 4 points getting rid of Van Persie, he's out for the longest and his value will only plummet in that time.

13. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Same situation here, except with different players. A.Cole, Lampard and Benayoun all definitely injured, and Lennon still (apparently) in doubt.

14. Pangur Bán

Pangur Bán Deconstructed

Anyone have Jermain Defoe on their team?

15. holy king

holy king Deity

16. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

No but I managed to get 86 points without him.

17. classical_hero

Well you had Lennon, which is just as good. You had the wrong Tottenham striker on. I once had both of them, but they have not been playing that well, so I got rid of them. I would still have Defoe had he not got that needless red card. :cry: But I still have three players still to play and two players to come off the bench, so I am not doing that badly.

18. classical_hero

Congratulations to the team of Owls, who got 90 points and was the 420th player overall for the week. :wow:

19. Keroro

Keroro Dororo: Ninja Frog

Thank you very much! I hadn't noticed that I was quite so high as 420th, but given my league position last week it was much needed. It's the best I've done this season so far, but then it was a generally quite low scoring week I think.

I got fairly excited this Saturday, watching the scores roll in. If only the real Owls could score I'd be pretty happy.

20. classical_hero

I have never seen anyone get that high as out of all of the participants, and we have been doing this for a few years now. I wonder if anyone will ever get the highest score for the round.