CFC Fantasy Premier League 2009/10

I'm copying that strategy

Napoleon: "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"; perhaps I should have not said anything about Villa's two matches this week. Or perhaps it was painfully obvious anyway.

Napoleon: "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"; perhaps I should have not said anything about Villa's two matches this week. Or perhaps it was painfully obvious anyway.

I think there was a good chance that I would have missed that they were playing twice. Of course they will probably lose twice now with Dunne getting sent off.

Well, it's a friendly competition :)

But I definitely won't tell my workmates.

I've only in the last week or two got my squad's total value above 100, after a dismal opening 3 weeks where my value plummeted.

Strategies and gambits for this week anyone? I've brought in a second Aston Villa player since they are playing twice (although, both games are away, at Everton and West Ham) this week, and gambled on them doing well by putting Dunne as my captain. It could backfire spectacularly but that's the game.

I gambled on Dunne as my captain also, when I would have had Drogba as Captain. Hopefully he scores next game. I will not say that soon four team will be having a double game week. Oops. :mischief:

What a waste of time! I even spent 4 points making an extra transfer once I realised both my keepers weren't playing, and the replacement Sorensen only got me 1 point. Balls.

EDIT: And the keeper I replaced (Jensen) did actually play and got 7 points! ARGH

Man, I was so sure I knew which transfers to make this week I made both my free ones at the start, forgetting that last weekend was international duty. Now, my three most expensive players aren't playing this weekend ... time to make some costly extra transfers I suppose :(

You could just leave them in. Depends how long they are going to be out injured and who you can put in instead. 0 points is better than a negative amount and your subs might have a decent game.

That's true, it's a tough call. Van Persie is out for 6 weeks, Lampard for maybe 3 weeks, Drogba probably just this weekend. Also, leaving them all in doesn't give me any flexibility for my other players not contributing, and ties up ~£35m in generating no points. I'll probably compromise and spend 4 points getting rid of Van Persie, he's out for the longest and his value will only plummet in that time.

That's true, it's a tough call. Van Persie is out for 6 weeks, Lampard for maybe 3 weeks, Drogba probably just this weekend. Also, leaving them all in doesn't give me any flexibility for my other players not contributing, and ties up ~£35m in generating no points. I'll probably compromise and spend 4 points getting rid of Van Persie, he's out for the longest and his value will only plummet in that time.

Same situation here, except with different players. A.Cole, Lampard and Benayoun all definitely injured, and Lennon still (apparently) in doubt.

Well you had Lennon, which is just as good. You had the wrong Tottenham striker on. I once had both of them, but they have not been playing that well, so I got rid of them. I would still have Defoe had he not got that needless red card. :cry: But I still have three players still to play and two players to come off the bench, so I am not doing that badly.

Thank you very much! I hadn't noticed that I was quite so high as 420th, but given my league position last week it was much needed. It's the best I've done this season so far, but then it was a generally quite low scoring week I think.

I got fairly excited this Saturday, watching the scores roll in. If only the real Owls could score I'd be pretty happy.

I have never seen anyone get that high as out of all of the participants, and we have been doing this for a few years now. I wonder if anyone will ever get the highest score for the round.

Top Bottom