1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CFC Fantasy Premier League 2014–15

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Pangur Bán, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

It's only been one game so you can't really take much from it. That being said I'm fairly confident that I'm going to win this by a landslide.

BTW Vlaar will automatically sub on instead of Cameron so you'll get an extra 8 points for that. On the other hand, I don't have any points coming off the bench so whatever it says on the league is what I'll get at the end of the GW.

2. SanPellegrino

SanPellegrino Wanderer

yes, it is new this season, they advertised it big time

3. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Technically we are level. :p

Vlaar should come off the bench as the other subs didn't play and neither did Cameron.

4. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

So you have three players earning you no points every weak :mischief:

5. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

6. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

It's only been 1 match but it's safe to say that I'm on a downward trajectory from which I have little hope of recovering.

7. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Well that was fast :p

I completely messed up the first week. Or, rather, my players did. Lukaku missed the net, Cech let one through, Giroud vanished, Coleman came on as a sub...at least I had Ivanovic.

8. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I had Mark Noble missing a penalty, Everton conceeding 2 goals (I have Howard as a keeper and Baines in defense), Giroud entering as a sub and doing nothing...Only bright star on my team was Sturridge...

9. Quackers

Quackers The Frog

Aye I expected to see a few other people chose players who wouldn't play in the first gameweek. I thought Ben Davies (the new Spurs leftback) would be dead certain to start the first match. I was wrong. I subbed on two bench players who netted me two points!

I have a good feeling about this year. I have top four ambitions.

10. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

I also have Noble, Howard, Baines and Giroud......:wallbash:

11. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Great, 3 games into the season and it looks like I'm gonna have to use my wild card already...this team is a freaking train wreck :-(''

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Ivanovic is keeping my team alive at this point. I think my team name will be irrelevant in a couple weeks, though, if Cech doesn't get more playing time :p

EDIT: Depending on the results of Tottenham vs. Liverpool, I may change my name to Dier Straits.

13. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

:crazyeye: I forgot to set up my team due to a wedding and so left Diego Costa as my captain...

I should go to more weddings. .. .. then again I wonder if I could have done even better if I actually put any effort into this week

14. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

15. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Very early in the season but it already looks like Costa rack up a similar amount of points to what Suarez got last season.

16. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

I followed the advice of my co-worker and took Diego Costa off captain. I will literally never listen to that man ever again, no matter how difficult that makes our working relationship. Some things are just too important, like the 11 extra fantasy points that I would have got if I had just trusted my own judgement. What I've learnt from this weekend is that I'm always right and I should never listen to anyone else ever.

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Lets see when he plays a contender. If he keeps it up I will have to get him.

18. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I figured that Mourinho would start Remy on Wednesday in the Champions league and Costa in the league on the weekend, even though he was "injured". Went with it, reaped rewards.

Costa's seemed like a perfect fit for us, which is why I got him for week 1. I didn't think he'd perform this well though, tbh. I am as surprised as everyone else.

19. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

Latest transfer: Lukaku out, Costa in.

Pelle is picking me up points now too. Up the Saints!

Got Wellbeck in last week as soon as we went to Arsenal. He's cheap so helps in making the saving I needed to get Costa.

20. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I have Rooney.. We'll see how that goes. He's pricy, but is the captain... so he'll be playing every single game you'd think. I wouldn't mind having some Man City players on the books, but that team gets rotated more than. well.. than.. a metaphor that spins quite a bit.