1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CFC: Fastest Deity Science Victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Bangau, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

Civ Fanatics Competition: Fastest Deity Science Victory

Welcome to the Civ Fanatics Competition (CFC) where we will find out who can pull off the fastest deity science victory!

Start conditions

To participate, start and play a game that matches the following conditions:

• #players: Any
    • Leader: Any
    • Ruleset: Gathering Storm
    • Version : June update or higher
    • Difficulty: Deity
    • Start Era: Ancient Era
    • Game Speed: Standard
    • #City States: Any
    • Disaster Intensity: Any
    • Map: Any
    • Map Size: Any
    • Resources: Any
    • World Age: Any
    • Start Position Any
    • Temperature: Any
    • Rainfall: Any
    • Sea Level: Any
    • Victory Conditions: All enabled
    • Advanced Options: All default
    • Mods: UI (only) mods allowed, no other
    • Special conditions: Any random seed / map can only enter the competition once. Any player can join the competition multiple times, but always with a different map seed.

Rules

To make sure it’s a fair competition, make sure to:

• Not cheat and/or use exploits (you know when you have, it’s that subtle feeling of shame when you post a score you did not earn fairly ). This off course includes using any in game cheat codes, restarting maps or playing maps you have seen others play, reloading previous saves after mistakes (not crashes, but even then you shouldn’t replay more than one turn).
    • Follow the GOTM rules, especially the ‘what should we consider as exploits’ (see https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-game-of-the-month.545/)
    • If you participate and anyone shows you accidentally or purposely violated the conditions or rules of the competition, your name will be crossed from the top 10.

Participate in the contest

To be eligible for a ‘top position’, post a reply to this thread where you:

• Mention the number of turns it took you to win a science victory.
    • Claim your position in the ‘top 10’.
      • End your post with the new ‘top 10’ with you in it (see below).
    • Add the first turn save game and the last turn save game (post victory).
    • Mention the game seeds.
    • For flavor: post screenshots of interesting parts of your game, or even make a video.
    • Describe (the more flavor the better) what your strategy was and how the game went.

Current Top 10

Copy and paste, and enter yourself into the top 10 list if your score is worthy!

• 1st place: [player] - [number of turns] - [leader/country]
    • 2nd place:
    • 3rd place:
    • 4th place:
    • 5th place:
    • 6th place:
    • 7th place:
    • 8th place:
    • 9th place:
    • 10th place:

Have fun!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. Ceydezed

Ceydezed Chieftain

Science Victory turn 216

• #players: 11 (removed one to have a bit more place)
    • Leader: Pericles
    • Difficulty: Deity
    • Start Era: Ancient Era
    • Game Speed: Standard
    • #City States: 20 (added 2)
    • Disaster Intensity: 3, i think? or maybe 2
    • Map: Primordial
    • Map Size: Huge
    • Resources: Normal
    • World Age: New
    • Start Position Normal
    • Temperature: Normal
    • Rainfall: Wet
    • Sea Level: Normal
    • Victory Conditions: All enabled
    • Advanced Options: All default
    • Map Seed = 1293510845
    upload_2019-9-14_18-13-43.png

Standard victory, nothing really special. Played with Pericles, who i always manage to play more or less efficiently. Objective was to have excellent culture to speed up the different governments, and a lot of suzerain - that worked well. I missed Kilwa, though, who got taken at turn 95 (!) (it seems to be much more prioritzed by the AI now sadly...). Settled i think around 12 cities, including one in the north for the research station. Had a nice productive Petra - Ruhr city for the main spaceport - only constructed / purchased 2 spaceports but i think i didn't need more as these cities had good production.
    No Geneva nor Bologna in the game, but all the other science city states, so this was okay.
    I really like this Primordial map, a lot of space but still possibility to circumnavigate. Really enjoyable. Also it creates some sort of clusters - you can see below i was completely isolated from my (only) neighbour, so i could just build without caring about any kind of army (which is not super clever as i missed the eurekas for the armada, tanks, muskets, etc.).

That is my fastest science victory post GS, but could definitely be improved:
    - Kilwa
    - More eurekas (specifically military related)
    - Geneva / Bologna
    - Less Players (happy there was no Robert in there but still lost a couple of good early great people)
    - Potentially get a religion for faster settler spam, but it was okay, had around 11 cities at turn 100. Pericles' hill biais is great.

Last turn save attached, i didn't save first turn, sorry.

After victory:
    upload_2019-9-14_18-13-12.png

Attached Files:

Bangau likes this.
  3. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

@Ceydezed : thumbs up for starting up the competition! Pretty neat science win, and you didn't even cook all settings to get the odds there. Haven't played the Primordial map yet, but it looks great indeed. Bit overkill on the volcanoes maybe. :lol:

New (well, first...) rankings:

• 1st place: Ceydezed - 216 turns - Pericles of Greece
    • 2nd place:
    • 3rd place:
    • 4th place:
    • 5th place:
    • 6th place:
    • 7th place:
    • 8th place:
    • 9th place:
    • 10th place:
    Now who can beat this t216 score...?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  4. Ceydezed

Ceydezed Chieftain

Ceydezed*
    Also, about volcanoes, Karl from Firaxis explained in The Game Mechanic stream that there will only be one disaster per turn. So the more volcanoes you have, the less likely you are to get hit by one actually!

5. Bangau

Bangau Warlord Supporter

Since @Ceydezed has opened the scoring, I'd thought it about time I'd try one myself. So here it is...

t236 SV with Pachacuti of the Inca

I recently played an Inca game and found out how incredibly well they match with the Earth Goddess pantheon. I thought it be fun to build a science strategy around that:
    1. Get early holy sites
    2. Get the Earth Goddess pantheon
    3. Get a religion with Choral Music (for extra culture) and Religious Colonization (to easily spread our own religion) (later on also Stweardship for a little extra science)
    4. Get the important early wonders: at least Pyramids and Oracle
    5. Get golden ages three in a row and use monumentality to rapidly spread and build your empire.
    6. Befriend neighbours and make alliances
    7. First focus on Faith, then on Science, then the rest.
    8. Finish of with: some high production cities with spaceports (buy with Moksha if possible), speed up space projects with builders (Royal Society)

These are the settings I used:
    Spoiler settings :

20190919124839_1.jpg

This is the seed:
    Spoiler seed :

20190923130820_1.jpg

This strategy was a lot of fun to play, but it did not all go well:
    1. Early holy sites worked like a charm, getting some nice early faith production.
    2. The pantheon worked and immediately started giving me extra faith. I think the pantheon gave me between 25 and 50 percent of all the faith I had, which was a lot...
    3. Was third I think to get a religion, so far so good. During the game though, Scythia and Indonesio kept pushing their religion on me, so it took some apostles and inquisitors all game long to keep my people 'in line'.
    4. Totally failed there: China was in the game and snatched both from me. Both when I was already chopping them in and close to building them. Free tip: for a speed run, don't have China in your game. ;-)
    5. Got the first golden age and got to use it on an extra settler and some 'free' builders. But dramatically failed the second one. Even by so much that I decided to go into a dark age (holding of some era points I could have gotten to get myself a normal age). Fortunately after that it was a heroic age, and got to make good use of that one. Build Taj Mahal to ensure all further ages were golden.
    6. One of my neighbours, America, refused to play nice. They struggled though with loyalty and war with Indonesia. Still there were signs that they would declare war at some point. I decided to spent a few turns prebuilding scouts because I was going to unlock Warak'aq soon. I had seen in the GOTM that they can be used quite effectively to wage war, but found out against crossbowmen they are not that great (because they won't survive into their third upgrade). America declared war on me and had a pretty decent offense/defense with many crossbowmen. Unfortunately for them they had severe loyalty issues and some of their border cities flipped 'free'. They were ripe for the taking and soon mine. Peaced out with America and got three free cities in return. All the others were befriended and allied easily. Two of my direct neighbours got into dark ages later in the game and lost some cities to me because of loyalty, but that didn't impact the game much at that time.
    7. Nearing the end I found that I had spend just too little on culture. Was working on space projects before I could boost them with builders because I couldn't build the Royal Society yet. Cost me at least 15 or 20 turns. Good lesson for next time...
    8. Once the Royal Society was up and running I was good to go and went into space at 13 lightyears per turn!

Spoiler victory :

20190923121941_1.jpg

Wonder if some of the masterminds in here have ideas to improve upon this strategy. Feel like the Inca/Earth Goddess combo really has potential for super fast science victories. What do you think?

Current ranking:
    • 1st place: Ceydezed - 216 turns - Pericles of Greece
    • 2nd place: Bangau - 236 turns - Pachacuti of the Inca
    • 3rd place:
    • 4th place:
    • 5th place:
    • 6th place:
    • 7th place:
    • 8th place:
    • 9th place:
    • 10th place:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  6. Shader

Shader Chieftain

Did a game where I tilted all the settings in my favor as much as possible, cheated a bunch, a broke 200. It was a learning curve game and I definitely learned a lot. Deciding whether to take on another challenge in this thread, or to go to the standard settings thread! Either way, Pachacuti seems like the clear choice to break the records with.

Bangau likes this.