CFC: Fastest STANDARD SETTINGS Deity Science Victory

Damn I need to restart my Babylon game again, lol. Feels like I’m never going to stop learning stuff about civ. Just figured out you can force end a turn when pantheon pops too, risky if rs goes in 2 but can shave ~ 4 turns of production if you’ve got a settler in queue

Almost no wonders seem worthwhile in this type of game, except Casa is definitely needed for best time since you want to promote both Reyna and Moksha and will never get enough titles though Civics.

Kilwa maybe helpful if there is some crucial CS like Hong Kong out there but otherwise better to save those forests for Lasers. Pyramids is useful but is you have Tanks on T75 you’re better off just capturing it unless no one else built it early enough. I chopped Coloseum because why not when you can do it with two forests and the culture actually matters since you need governor titles from culture. It’s also possibly nice to chop ToA or some other early wonder just for the Drama and Poetry boost if Colosseum would be too slow.

You guys have any thoughts on how useful the predation promo is for chopping your cities at the end? Obviously fantastic but I’m trying to figure out if those units are better raiding than staying close.

to be more specific, how much of your game is worth bending around horseman to make sure you’ve got x number with that promo?

Last edited:
You guys have any thoughts on how useful the predation promo is for chopping your cities at the end? Obviously fantastic but I’m trying to figure out if those units are better raiding than staying close.

to be more specific, how much of your game is worth bending around horseman to make sure you’ve got x number with that promo?

Like you say it is fantastic, but I dont think you can say generally that you use it for this or for that. It depends on the game and whats your bottleneck. First sumeria-game I used it a lot, and built terracotta to take advantage of it. Next game I did not. Like almost everything in Civ, it is situational! =) I agree with the wonders @Minou. In your game probably none besides Casa. I need mansoleum, and I think Apadana to get envoys. You might do that as well if you are going to suz and use CS armies.

A Teddy map with 7 Breathtaking tiles at the start! Oh baby.

Spoiler :
upload_2021-1-8_18-30-33.png

Attachments

• TEDDY toughest map ever 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    741.8 KB · Views: 85
Haha the sad thing about Civ is the AI is so bad you can probably win this map by sitting in your fort guessing Diplomatic votes. Or maybe levying a City State and attacking if it’s an easier difficult level.

Haha the sad thing about Civ is the AI is so bad you can probably win this map by sitting in your fort guessing Diplomatic votes. Or maybe levying a City State and attacking if it’s an easier difficult level.

Win, yeah. That's why people gravitate toward time trials because Deity isn't even in doubt anymore. You get to the start of the Classical and know what turn the game is going to end in victory. And, sadly, the only way Firaxis knows to make it more difficult is by turning Barbs and disasters up to 11, making the AI's troops into virtual Eras-ahead, Hammer-discounted obscenities.

If RNG had a point balancing system, so many points of Food, Hammers and such in your starting radius, maps like this couldn't happen. Too many gamers love their random though.

So I finished my babylon run, but it ended up not that great. Turn 114, with 11 turns travel time for the rocket. I realized too late that I was going to miss chops, so I knew I would not break 100, but some lessons were:

You need both Reyna and Moksha
You need many spaceports- At least 5
Hardest bottleneck is not science, but chops for spaceparts as you have no boosts from civics or workers
Be carefull about techs that makes cheap units obsolete, as you need to buy a lot of units
City strength of self founded cities can be kept quite low - usefull when used as flipping cities
Culture is a pain - no good solutions found
Flip cities can be combined and optimal is having them flip every other turn. Some tiles will then be pillaged every turn, giving max benefit per tile/worker/unit
Two flip cities is probably not enough
Apadana for envoys was usefull- Chopping some early wonders in the capital

Short recap of the map and game:

I think this map is more or less perfect. It has a perfect tech tree, early meet on a culture CS, close neighbours for early war. I went for early war with Shaka, then went south to Australia to capture what would become my 2 flip cities. After they were up, it was mostly expanding to get to satellites as soon as possible. I used leonardo to boost Radio and Chemestry. Basically with Leonardo you can skip 6 out of 8 techs in the modern era. (If you play a game with saving and loading) In a normal game this strategy would probably not work, because Electricity and Combustion requires too strong culture to be realistic to boost, so that reduces the chance to 50%.

In this game I had satellites turn 90, and after that there are only 4 techs to research (I had nano). So tech tree completed by turn 95, then 5 turns of travel should not be totally out of reach. But it becomes quite hard to squeeze everything down into so few turns, so Im no longer 100% sure Im able to do it below 100 turns. 105ish Im sure I can do with this map.

Attachments

• HAMMURABI 1 4000 BC-good map.Civ6Save
    735.6 KB · Views: 85
  • HAMMURABI 114 50 BCWonturn114.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 95
Appreciate the write up! I haven’t pushed one through to the end just yet but I’m somewhere in the same area but a little slower.

I’ve managed ~200 culture per turn or so by t80 by using nan and anta + having the right districts in my ping city but it really doesn’t seem to do all that much compared to the effort involved, game is just over too quick.

one big question though—how are you getting your cities to flip that fast? Is it that much quicker in the middle of someone else’s empire? I’ve been using massive self-founded pillage cities but I don’t think they’re efficient enough between the time to flip via loyalty then heal up or having to wait out a war declaration. Oh and you said satellites at 90–does that mean you’re hitting rocketry the same turn?

Last edited:
You can use cities in your own empire for flip cities to pillage IZ and campuses (city chopping), but not for flip cites that you pillage every other round for gold/faith. That is preferably someone elses cities, and at least in an area where it gets the -20 loyalty from nearby cities. To get the cities to flip in 2 turns, you need another negative 5 loyalty that cannot come from other cities. (You have to reach -25) Grievances with the founder is the easiest. Another -3 you can get from unhappiness, and -2 if you built an audience chamber, -3 if you founded a religion that the cities dont follow. And you can starve the cities in the beginning for -4, but gold/faith flip cities will always be 1 pop fast, so that is not very usefull.

Also you can found a city close to where your flip cities are, and gift it to the AI. That ensures the -20 from surounding cities, that is the most important modifier.

I used leonardo to boost Radio and Chemestry. Basically with Leonardo you can skip 6 out of 8 techs in the modern era. (If you play a game with saving and loading) In a normal game this strategy would probably not work, because Electricity and Combustion requires too strong culture to be realistic to boost, so that reduces the chance to 50%.

Assuming you have built Mausoleum at Halicarnassus and got the eurekas for Flight, Replaceable Parts, Steel and Refining and you are left with Electricity, Radio, Chemistry and Combustion, the first time you bulb da Vinci you have indeed a 50% chance to get either Electricity or Chemistry (2/4). However, the second time you bulb da Vinci, you only have a 1/3 chance of getting the right tech for an overall 1/6 chance to get the two techs that you want (Radio and Chemistry).

Add to this the fact that you may not get Leonardo as the first GE of the Renaissance era. There are 3 in total. There is thus a 1/3 chance for him to show up first.

Overall, the best case scenario will only happen 1 out of 18 games or 5.56% of the time.

Top Bottom