CFC Meeting in Hamburg!

Aphex_Twin said:
Anyway, if there are any meetings next summer... ;)

Okay we are going off-topic here.
I guess you can organize something in Bukarest. Rumania is one of the Eastern European countries I haven't visited yet, so it would be interesting :)

AVN said:
Okay we are going off-topic here.
I guess you can organize something in Bukarest. Rumania is one of the Eastern European countries I haven't visited yet, so it would be interesting :)

I second that - I hear there are lots of beautiful girls in your county! So, Aphex-Twin, get going on the planning ;)

For beautiful girls there's always my home town, Iasi. For good looking girls, large clubs and drink there's Bucharest. For summer "sights", there's Constanta. But it's too early to plan ;)

Aphex_Twin said:
For beautiful girls there's always my home town, Iasi. For good looking girls, large clubs and drink there's Bucharest. For summer "sights", there's Constanta. But it's too early to plan ;)

is that a promise that you WILL plan?

i will nee to plan early, btw, as Paalikles will come over next summer, too.

*BUMP*

Addiv is in.

carlosMM said:
is that a promise that you WILL plan?

i will nee to plan early, btw, as Paalikles will come over next summer, too.
I can't promise anything this early. We'll hear again by late spring.

I wish you guys luck, but my personal finances have not recovered from my trip to California yet, so a trip to Europe is pretty much out of the question :D

If I were a northern european I would definately want to see the faces behind some avatars...

Maybe I should plan a CFC meeting in Rio ;)

luiz said:
I wish you guys luck, but my personal finances have not recovered from my trip to California yet, so a trip to Europe is pretty much out of the question :D

If I were a northern european I would definately want to see the faces behind some avatars...

Maybe I should plan a CFC meeting in Rio ;)

I'll probably be in El Salvador in the next year or so, but that is about as far south as I am likely to go...;)

eyrei said:
I'll probably be in El Salvador in the next year or so, but that is about as far south as I am likely to go...;)

In all honesty, if I was not born in Rio I would want to visit this city at least once in my life. You should definately come! :)

(El Salvador look amazing too, but it can't be compared to Rio ;) :p )

I won't be able to come since that time of the year is reserved for a skiing holiday (and I will impress my girlfriend with my snowboarding skills, if nothing else). The Rio option sounds quite good, but considering air rates from Europe (500-1000 €) I doubt it has much chance of success.

I hope someone makes photos of the Hamburg-Meeting.

Hamburg seems like a good choice, considering that a great number of CFC members live around that region(and by "around" I mean all of Germany, Scandinavia, Poland, etc, etc).

luiz said:
Hamburg seems like a good choice, considering that a great number of CFC members live around that region(and by "around" I mean all of Germany, Scandinavia, Poland, etc, etc).

What would be a good South American location? I don't know of much S.A. CFCers.

As for North America, there would be several locations.

Somewhere in New Jersey would be good for a BosWash (Industrial Belt) meeting.

Zarn said:
What would be a good South American location? I don't know of much S.A. CFCers.

As for North America, there would be several locations.

From a practical standpoint, there is no good South American location for a CFC meeting. Too little members are from this continent, compared to Europe or North America.

Rio or São Paulo are certainly the least bad options, though. And since nobody cares about SP, that leaves Rio.

Nobody cares about São Paulo? Heck, if I ever went to Brazil - that would have to be the place. That's where Interlagos is! (Yes, I am an F1 fan) ;)

But, I'll probably never go. I'm just too scared of Brazil.

Aphex_Twin said:
I can't promise anything this early. We'll hear again by late spring.

If there will be anything out of this, you can surely count me in! :) And carlosMM, there are lots of beautiful girls both in Bucuresti and Iasi....

PantheraTigris2 said:
Nobody cares about São Paulo? Heck, if I ever went to Brazil - that would have to be the place. That's where Interlagos is! (Yes, I am an F1 fan) ;)
Yeah, sure, Interlagos is cool. But the F1 circuit was supposed to be in Rio, where we have a way more cooler race circuit. :p

To be fair, I must concede that there are plenty of interesting things in São Paulo, but the city does not rank between my "Top Ten" things to do in Brazil.

PantheraTigris2 said:
But, I'll probably never go. I'm just too scared of Brazil.
With some very basic precautions nothing will happen to you.
I lived here all my life and very close nothing ever happened to me.

The most dangerous zones are not touristical ones, and hence the chances of something bad happening are not big.

Why not in Portugal? :p its more or less in the middle ;) We have more sun and hot beaches. Hamburg is cold lol

But talking serious if I could (financially speaking) I would go...

humm and some suggestions then, you could do activities toghether, like some sports, football, basketball, volley or probably the best suitable is rugby lol or boxe to put in clean dishes some past rivalities lol

Or simply games that we used to play when we were kids like pull the rope or catching and hide :lol:

Going to the roller coaster, I know that in Barcelona theres one of the biggest in Europe, in Hamburg dont know. Go to "cars crashing" lol

make a barbecue for lunch :)

Go to cinema and see a comic film in German lol

So many things than just playing civ, playing civ you can play by internet connection.

And as you see I really dont see the porpose for getting loaded, just live it in a healthy and happy way ;)

luiz said:
Yeah, sure, Interlagos is cool. But the F1 circuit was supposed to be in Rio, where we have a way more cooler race circuit. :p

To be fair, I must concede that there are plenty of interesting things in São Paulo, but the city does not rank between my "Top Ten" things to do in Brazil.

With some very basic precautions nothing will happen to you.
I lived here all my life and very close nothing ever happened to me.

The most dangerous zones are not touristical ones, and hence the chances of something bad happening are not big.

Don't all buildings in São Paulo have Helicopter landing pads on them because the rich people will get kidnapped if they go places by car?

Yom said:
Don't all buildings in São Paulo have Helicopter landing pads on them because the rich people will get kidnapped if they go places by car?

Certainly not, but I'll remember that one to mock the paulistas! :lol:

The number of kidnappings is São Paulo is big, but nothing unusual for a latin-american city. For exemple, in Mexico City there are almost 5 times more of that crime.

It's true though that many buidings in São Paulo have helicopter landings on it, and in fact São Paulo is only behind Tokyo and New York in number of helicopters. But the reason has nothing to do with kidnappings, it has to do with the fact that there are many millionaires there. And the traffic is really bad, so they rather fly to work.

Top Bottom