CFC Minecraft Server -- World 6

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by croxis, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Andywalker has been banned for tnting Dr's(I think) underground glowstone and wool half sphere.

Also, can we do anything about Ravendude in the creative world? he's building crap all around my house, and his tnt blasts are too close for comfort.

2. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

PhantonFrogMan7 (Whoever that is) has also been banned for tnt griefing Rhein's house and mine too.

3. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Sounds good.

Due to memory issues (1.8 takes more ram than previous versions) I think I might need to ax the creative world, or really tone back the plugin lists. Any suggestions?

4. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Well, I built my house and haven't thought of anything else to make for the past couple days. I wouldn't be sad to see the creative world of, if it had too.

5. DrMowinckel

DrMowinckel Warlord

i wouldnt mind as long as i got to keep my computer thing because that took quite alot of work
    also guys im going to be playing as dakler for a while i think most people already know oh and someone greifed rheins mansion thing i beleive theres still some tnt unexploded so you should be able to trace that to whoever it was since im not as familar with the hawk plugin

6. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Done and done.

7. Rheinmetall

Rheinmetall Interplanetary Assassin

Yea, I saw the mansion front this morning and I'm really disappointed. What's it with these guys? Is there any way to repair the damage by admin means or do I have to rebuild it by hand? Because if I have to restart every day from scratch, then that's it for me.

I'd love for the crative world to stay, atleast for enough time to finish the building, but if that's impossible then atleast can we have the same world back later when it becomes a possible to run it by some other means.

Looks like we're going to need a screening process for who to let in the creative world in the first place when there is no sort of griefing protection in place.

[edit] I went to check skwinks place too, and it's a total devastation :(

8. Tykinruoka

Tykinruoka Unlimited power

It's great to work on something creative your whole evening and come back in the morning and see it tnt'd to hell and back. Oh joy.

9. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

I'm pretty sure Croxis will be able to roll back phantomfrogman7's tnt'ing.

Edit: Yeah, I saw that too. Rhein, do you remember this phantomfrogman7 having any argument with you or anything? I don't remember him doing so with me, but it's odd how he totally avoided Dr's computer, or anything else and just tnt'd our stuff.

10. Rheinmetall

I don't know, I think I saw some land claimed by his name in the survival world, and might have caught him online once way back. Never seen him or talked to him.

11. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Any of the mods should be able to roll back the damage. I'll do the best I can.

12. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Did rollback, I think I got everything. Due to order I did the rollbacks not everything was 100% restored and there is still some tnt about, but the situation is much improved.

13. Rheinmetall

Thanks. I didn't notice anything amiss, so it was a successful operation.

14. mangxema

mangxema I

This could work. The protections are kind of annoying, but when you're dealing with quasi-anonymous people on the internet, I don't see what choice we'd have, other than booting people from the server entirely.

I kind of feel like stuff like this is to be expected to an extent. I mean, if anyone can edit stuff, anyone can edit (i.e. destroy) your stuff. That's why there are protections in the survival world. So part of me is like, 'Why would you spend so much time working in this unprotected environment?' On the other hand, I understand that there might be things that you can't actually do (or at least, it would take a heck of a lot longer) like the big computer, so it's kind of a mess.

Also: IIRC, frogman has some land adjacent to my new plot with the tower, around the 7:00 position or so.

15. croxis

croxis Chat room op

My current plan is to rework chunkyvillage plugin to work in creative (it actually does but if you are a member of a district you can't do it) after I am done with the elevator plugin but I don't have a time table on that. I can set up the creative world to use worldguard regions and only give the mods the ability to set up new regions for people. Another option is set up creative building for donator only but I remember what it was like being 15 with no job and no way to pay for things like that, so i don't want to exclude that population from using creative world. On the other hand enough donations would mean I can upgrade the server!

16. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

please, please don't make creative donator only :(

17. Rheinmetall

Well this would be totally doable in the survival world aswell. It would take longer, but a large structure would still would be unprotected, since there's a limit to how much a person can protect (claim) land. On the other hand gathering the needed resources like hundred stacks of wool and dyes for them would probably take half a year in the survival world, so to build anything that big within a reasonable timeframe you'd have to have access to the creative game mode, and that kinda defeats the purpose of survival world.

18. mangxema

mangxema I

Yeah, I get that. A friend of mine made a big, brick manor on our friend's private server and it took him forever to find enough clay. I'm not sure if he's even finished it.

19. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

I created a TNT cannon in the creative map (out of the way), and when he teleported me in, I was surprised at all of the potholes... :eek: (And getting a little too close to my creation, too, and someone else's castle). I saw someone mentioning the craters near his castle (there was maybe 1 when I first went in), then a few dozen or so the 2nd time in.

I was hoping to clean up the potholes in front of my cannon, then saw it was a bit bigger.

(BTW, apparently, he thinks I'm a teenage girl despite me telling him otherwise several times. :crazyeye:)

Anyway, my PC is having trouble opening JAR files now, so I can't run the spoutcraft normally.

20. croxis

croxis Chat room op

TNT is now disabled in creative