CFC Model UN 2.0 Sign Up Thread

cgannon64

BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!
I was bored in the last 15 minutes so I was looking through old threads in the Other Games forum when I stumbled upon this gem.

Would anyone be interested in starting a new CFC Model UN? I guess I would be the President unless someone with more knowledge decided to play. If I was President it would be much less formal since I am less familiar with the rules...

Well? Anyone interested?

Player - Country
cgannon64 - United States (VETO)
Mr. Dictator - Benin
The Chosen One - Algeria
Amenhotep - Pakistan
Seleuceus Nicator - Russian Federation (VETO)
andrewgprv - Germany
Perfection - China (VETO)
Constantine - Angola
TubaGuy - Philipines
Syterion - Spain
Norlamand - United Kingodm (VETO)
Plexus - France (VETO)
Xen - Chile (President)
naervod - Romania
Octavian X - Brazil

Basic Rules: Just some quick info
- Every country gets one vote. You MUST vote as your country would vote to make this fun. If your country is obscure, research it!
- If you are a veto country, and you vote nay on a resolution, the resolution is DEAD.
- A resolution needs a majority to be pased, and none of the Veto countries may note Nay on it. You may abstain.
- Resolutions are written by one country and sponsored by two others. You may ask peopel to sponsor andconfer by PM with the sponsoring countries.
- We speak in turns. I won't be strict about posting out of turn, but please only make official statements when its your turn.
- Role play, but don't overdo it.
- If you're still confused, look at the old thread for now. I'm getting full rules soon.

I'm wholeheartedly interested!:goodjob: I hope we can pick nations!:D (If we can pick areas, I'd pick the Mediterranean!;))

Wow that was quick.

Go to the first post in the link to see specifics of how it works.

Basically we each get assigned one of the 15 Security Council nations, and then we debate, propse resolutions, and vote in that role. So you have to research your country's position on the topic.

EDIT: You can't call nations. I randomly assign them.

I'll assign nations once we get 15 people, and as of now we have 7 people, possibly 8.

I'll play

:hmm: So we divide 100s of nations amongst 15 people?:hmm: I'll read the rules tomorrow.Sleepy-time!:):sleep:

I'm in.

*crosses fingers and hopes for veto power*

BTW, does anyone know a particular source that would be good for finding the countries' stances on the issues? Because frankly I have no idea what Chile or Angola's views are.:o

I'd love to be in if there is still room at the table.

If I didn't make myself clear, I'm in, too.:)

Psst. Can we get regions so we can fill the whole worldmap?;)

Top Bottom