CFC-OT: Did you buy Civ5?

Did you buy Civ5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. I downloaded the demo and I can play it at low-medium settings. I am going to wait until I get a computer that can play it at max settings, which will probably be around the time that Civilization V: Complete comes out.

I plan to, when I have the money. I would have the money, but I loaned a relative some money and never got it back.:(

Downloaded the demo, definatly going to buy it.
I will wait a couple weeks/month so any major issue can be fixed through a patch.

I really want to get it, but I'm playing SC2 and I can't do two games with all the schoolwork I'm having.

Not enough money plus its not available here. maybe wait to the price to drop.

Downloading demo after a very odd afternoon. Will see how it goes.

Just purchased it. Downloaded the demo earlier and played it; it didn't take my breath away or anything(indeed, the UI seems rather cumberous and the terrain graphics are no real improvement over Civ IV) but the gameplay in general seems very streamlined and interesting.

Yeah. First Civ game I've purchased since III PTW.

Maybe this winter break.

Demo was meh, but I will but it anyway, probably this week.

No.

I wasn't really planning on ever getting it, but after seeing a few reviews I think I may ask for it for Christmas. For now I should really be focusing on making sure that my senior design project goes well, that I graduate on schedule, and that I find a good job. I probably won't want to play for more than a couple weeks before moving on to mods anyway, and so don't see much reason to start at it before major mods are in development. I may go ahead and try to teach myself Lua a bit before I get the game though.

I got it.

It's bit Meh, but it might grow on you once you tweak the settings and get a better idea of how to play. It crashes on me when I try to use DX11. DX9 works okay, but you need to up the settings to get to good eye candy when using it.

I think steam was an unnecessary complication. Most people play Civ in SP mod so having steam just ads more junk to your setup.

Top Bottom