CFC:OT Post your (real!) Desktop thread

MaryKB

Goddess Queen
Supporter
I thought this might be fun ... I mean your literal desktop, not just your computer's home screen picture. I've seen lots of people posting desktop photographs in different threads, and I thought it might be nice if we had like a running thread devoted to this, and we could see how everyone's desk changes as you upgrade or something (recently inspired by Erika's new purchase! :))

Well anyway ... I think it'd be nice if you do have your home screen wallpaper showing too, so your photograph will serve both types of "desktops" :)

Here's mine ... about eight years ago at work we got two monitors, and once I got used to that I absolutely had to have that at home too. I just can't imagine life without being able to multitask, lol!

2019-0930 Desktop.jpg

Ugh, I need to dust again ...

Also need to dust xD
Spoiler :
20190930_101456.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really nice work desktop you've got there Mary. I'm a bit jelly. I wish I had space for a dedicated desk with multiple screens but I'm not sure how I'm going to make that happen, not enough room. I'd have to scrap the tv and it's friends, or the sofa, and put it up there. But that's not really on the table, so to speak.

My kitchen table will have to do for now. After I got a nice ergonomic chair it's alright.

They're all so tidy...

My work one is a mess that gets tidied into a catch all folder every now and then.

That's a really nice work desktop you've got there Mary. I'm a bit jelly. I wish I had space for a dedicated desk with multiple screens but I'm not sure how I'm going to make that happen, not enough room. I'd have to scrap the tv and it's friends, or the sofa, and put it up there. But that's not really on the table, so to speak.

My kitchen table will have to do for now. After I got a nice ergonomic chair it's alright.

Awwwwwwww I just noticed your picture is of you looking at my picture! :love:

Here's my physical desktop, taken a moment ago:
Spoiler :
PC stand.jpg

As a bonus, here's my PC desktop:
Spoiler :
Green forest light.jpg

Oh, yes - years and years ago. So long ago, in fact, that I don't even notice them there any more. :)

wow @Arakhor, You must be tall ! ;) I am too ashamed to post mine - it's all a mess, empty cola bottles, a stray pizza box, You know the drill ... or *looks at super tidy desktops* maybe not :D

No, I'm 5' 10". My eye level is a combination of the chair, the computer stand and my body's distressing ability to have stashed more than 3 feet of my height below the waist, such that when I sit down, I look a lot shorter than normal.

I know! Adam, you post a picture of your desktop if Mary posts a photo of herself right now. :)

I'm surprised the picture didn't come out a blurry mess. I guess my phone has some sort of stabilizer.

Not seen: The tray of medication sitting on the right side of my desk.

Spoiler :

My actual desktop.

Spoiler :

wow @Arakhor, You must be tall ! ;) I am too ashamed to post mine - it's all a mess, empty cola bottles, a stray pizza box, You know the drill ... or *looks at super tidy desktops* maybe not :D

Yeah, that was me until one of my neighbours brought roaches to the building. I find the on going, low intensity war with them to give meaning to my life. I found the best method wasn't to squish them, but to vacuum them up with a hand vac. When they first came for us though, that was rough.

I misread that and wondered why you were vacuuming up the neighbours.

Top Bottom