CFC OT Straw Poll: Obama v. McCain (Put Partisan Hackery Here)

If the Pres. Election was held today between Obama and McCain, I'd vote for..

• Total voters

dcbandicoot

the true corporate champ
Since several threads daily insist on tearing Obama or McCain to shreds, I figure instead of starting new threads all day we can just put the extreme left-wing and right-wing opinions and news into one.

Oh, and this one has a shiny new poll coming.

Anyway, I'll start.

McCain is being billed as the moderate conservative, which is a bunch of crap when he has consistently conservative views on the vast majority of issues. (abortion, fair trade, social security, war on iraq, etc.)

According to VoteView, he's the 2nd most-conservative senator in the 109th congress, and 8th in the 110th.

http://voteview.com/SEN109.HTM

Anyway, I think the only hope the Republicans have (and it is a slim one in my eyes) is to paint McCain as the man of the people and Obama as an Elitist/Racist/Terrorist/God Knows What. I don't think that's really true, but I wouldn't put it past them.

---
Not including Hillary since it appears her goose is all but cooked. If someone feels staunchly otherwise, make another thread..

I'm not american, but I would like McCain to win.

Other: Probably write in Ashcroft or Romney or Brownback or Reagan.

Wait. I'm confused. Why do we need another McCain bashing thread?

Please, by all means, bash Obama. I'm just hoping that instead of making NEW bashing threads, people can bash the two candidates in this one. I know, too idealist.

JerichoHill said:
Where's Undecided?

Ah, my fault. If a mod could add that option, that'd be super.

Bob Bar !!!!!!

Nader declared his candidacy a month ago or something.

By the way, congratulations Stapel on the engagement; hope you and your fiance are ever-happy!

I thought he said he already would. I guess he is selling himself as the only 'true' anti-war candidate....and he would be right in that description...

He plans to run, but he is unlikely to get on the ballot in my significant states

Why not? Is Obama planning a Kerry-style wave of attorneys to prevent it?

They would be stupid not to.

Nader didn't make the ballot in Ohio, and a few other major midwestern states, and his share of the vote in 2004 was way less than it was in 2008. Given the "Democratic winds", and Nader's inability to get into the spotlight, I dont see a reason why he would be able to get on the ballot in any state that he didn't in 2004.

We also have more Democrat AGs and Secs of State this election cycle...I don't think they will be as sympathetic to Nader.

Gotta love how the two parties will do what ever they can to squash any competition. If third parties are such spoilers maybe the two that need to cheat to win have major flaws.