cfkane's LH gallery

Hey cfkane. I turned your Firefly into Nagy, hope that's okay for you. There are still some glitches I'd like to fix. Besides of a texture issue I got there is something wrong with the arms. In case of Firefly it isn't obvious as he has a dark suit, but for Nagy I'd need a light one. To me it seems that fdr suits always cause some glitches when used with alex' skeleton, at least it didn't help to reuse suits from existing LHs (no matter if it is a buildin civ4 LH or a moded one that I've tried out). So my question is: does any of your suits fit well on alex' skeleton (Nehemia, Bartlet... )? Sure, I could find that out by taking a look at your LHs and I will if I don't get an answer, but currently I don't have any time for modding, so I thought I ask you to save time when I return into the scene. If there is no such suit, would you mind for working on the current one? I have no clue what exactly I would have to do. I could imagine that I would have to rerig it which I know how to do. What I don't know is how I have to influence them in order to get it to work, nor how I could find that out.

If you care, I could...
a) shader your Firefly
b) try to fix his eye problem (they turn out of there sockets). As I found out how to do that for Nagy, it should be no problem to get it to work for Firefly as well.
But you would get it in 2 or 3 weeks only when my examinations are finally over.

BTW: As I would have to nifswap Firefly with Trudeau in order to get the eyes working, I'd suggest you wait with your work till I've done that. Maybe I could also find some minutes to upload the current temporary version of my Nagy (that, as mentioned, still contains some glitches, but none is related to the suit I think).

BTW2: good job with the last 4 leaders again!

That's just fine. I wasn't really satisfied with the original Firefly anyway.

And I'm going to be on a bit of a hiatus for the next month. I'm going on a long vacation and I'll be away from my tools for the duration, so the next batch of leaderheads may be a long time coming.

That would be another way to solve that, which I'll keep in mind. However, I rather like to fix the suit itself if it is not too hard as it seems there are some selfmade LHs that suffer this problem. It is just a bit hidden there. Also, it may be nice to also have some light suits for LHs, don't you think so? At the end we would both, cfkane and me, profit by this, although I would probably more than cfkane. So all in all I'd like to try to really solve that rather then having it hidden only, if that doesn't work or if it is not worth the work, we still have option b.

the fdr suit is an issue. i still don't think some of my LHs flow well with it (well reagan seems to). so optionally you can try different animations than alexander (augustus maybe? ceasar?)

also i think the suit problem is that th epolys are too big for moving parts (FDR doesnt move much). I think it can be fixed but subdividing (its an edit option, you'll see it) the polygons and alowing for more overlap and rerigging accordingly (this mainly for the elboy and bicep area)

I guess I'll check the animations you mentioned. I think I already had and thought they would not fit to a modern LH, but maybe I remember incorrectly. Thank you for that hint.

also i think the suit problem is that th epolys are too big for moving parts (FDR doesnt move much). I think it can be fixed but subdividing (its an edit option, you'll see it) the polygons and alowing for more overlap and rerigging accordingly (this mainly for the elboy and bicep area)
Sounds interesting, but also like a lot of work. The problem remains: how to figure out what the vertices correct weight could be (at least approx.)? Guessing seems to be highly ineffective...

cfkane, if you're making Star Trek characters now then you should take a look at the Frontenac LH from Colonization. People have been saying that he looks a bit like Patrick Stewart.

cfkane, if you're making Star Trek characters now then you should take a look at the Frontenac LH from Colonization. People have been saying that he looks a bit like Patrick Stewart.

I think it was JustATourist who actually asked me to make a Picard LH out of Frontenac when I first started making LHs. I told him I'd do it, but Frontenac is VERY hard to work with so I actually just gave up. But I would suggest giving it a shot CFK, especially since you are the go-to fictional LH maker.

I'm wondering if we could turn that Khan LH into a Latin American leader... a leader if he were played by Ricardo Montalban.

I'm also wondering if there's an European leader that looks like the Scudder LH.

[EDIT:How about Little Wolf of the Cheyenne? He was played by Montalban and we already have Dog Soldier units.

I'm wondering if we could turn that Khan LH into a Latin American leader... a leader if he were played by Ricardo Montalban.

I'm also wondering if there's an European leader that looks like the Scudder LH.

[EDIT:How about Little Wolf of the Cheyenne? He was played by Montalban and we already have Dog Soldier units.

I'm pretty good at recognizing the base of an LH and I am relatively sure that the Khan LH is already based on a Latin American leader. Is that Peron I see there?

Hmmm... actually Perón, being Argentine, would theoretically look much more European than a Mexican like Montalbán.

It's like the saying goes, Mexicans descended from Aztecs, Peruvians descended from Incas, and Argentines descended from boats.

I am not saying that I THINK that looks like a Mexican (actually I used the term Latin American), I am saying that I am relatively sure that the Khan LH was either based on Peron, or on Washington (which was the leader Peron was based on). That's all I'm saying.

Hmmm... actually Perón, being Argentine, would theoretically look much more European than a Mexican like Montalbán.

It's like the saying goes, Mexicans descended from Aztecs, Peruvians descended from Incas, and Argentines descended from boats.

Awesome pun is awesome.

But anyway, cfkane, what LHs do you plan to make next? And is there any release date on the horizon for Fictionalization?

I am not saying that I THINK that looks like a Mexican (actually I used the term Latin American), I am saying that I am relatively sure that the Khan LH was either based on Peron, or on Washington (which was the leader Peron was based on). That's all I'm saying.

The nifs say washington ;).

So, small problem: The Khan LH can't find the eye_shadow.dds, the lids are white. I've tried to attach the file (which is in the download :confused:) manualy in Nifscope, no change :dunno:. Edit: You also can't see that problem in nifscope, the file is there.
Any suggestions?

Awesome pun is awesome.

But anyway, cfkane, what LHs do you plan to make next? And is there any release date on the horizon for Fictionalization?

I'm going away for about a month, so you won't see many more of my leaderheads for a little bit. But I'm trying to get out a new installment of Fic4 before Monday. I'm just having trouble making the pak files for the artwork, so the loading times won't be as glacial as they have been.

Wow, it's been nearly a month, hasn't it? Four more to throw onto the pile, and they're getting pretty obscure, except maybe for the last one.

Shango, from Yoruba mythology

Nehemiah Scudder, from Robert Heinlein's Future History Cycle

Wu Qinghua, from the CCP ballet The Red Detachment of Women

Khan Noonien Singh, from Star Trek

Link in the first post

Added to the LH Database, and thanks to Miss Qinghua, we now have our first leaderhead with the name starting with Q! Now every single letter has atleast one leader, excluding the letter U.

Added to the LH Database, and thanks to Miss Qinghua, we now have our first leaderhead with the name starting with Q! Now every single letter has atleast one leader, excluding the letter U.

Actually, her family name is Wu and her given name is Qinghua. She's Chinese, remember.

Top Bottom