Chain gangs?

Perhaps it'd be fairer to say "would you rather lose a free worker or one you pay for". Slaves cost no upkeep.

Stacked workers - great concept. Sure I use 'J' and then hit 'R' for each worker - I will even hit CTRL-R for every worker in a stack to auto-build a road from here to there, but I'd rather just hit CTRL-R once!

Slave labor. I haven't seen the documentation on this to know that 'Slave Labor' is a Firaxis term or a term that we in the community have adopted. I prefer to think of these folks as immigrant labor. You can pay them less (no upkeep) and they don't work as well. If it is too disturbing, just add them to your cities and produce new workers of your culture. Personally I keep them around until Radar (dern, no more radar)...

Oddible - surely a worker captured working the fields, who is taken hostage and made to do your bidding for no money at all is a slave??? WTF is calling them immigrants about?

Ive often thought about an Emancipation Proclamation Wonder, or the Communist Manifesto, but I was wondering if it was possible to implement the effects I desired. The EP would turn all enemy Civ slaves into (good) barb units, or they would turn into 'good' workers for the builder Civ. The Manifesto would cause all other Civs to fall into Anarchy, essentially wasting all construction for 4 turns (apart from Religious Civs). The Manifesto should also stop worker production in the enemy Civs. It would be a GA trigger for Industrious Civs too. What do people think?

The bit about being a golden age trigger for Industrious civs is almost sensible. The rest might need some work.

Top Bottom