CHALLENGE (mod): How fast can you reach 200 production per turn on this map?

MyopicCat

Chieftain
[Not sure if this is the right subforum, but I'll put it here in Strategy & Tips since the focus of the discussion will be on strategy and optimal play. Mods, feel free to move it elsewhere.]

[EDIT: I guess I asked for it. Literally. I thought this thread fit really well in the Strategy forum, but a moderator apparently thought that it should be here in Creation & Customization. I assume because he saw the word "mod" in the title. Anyway, I don't want to discuss the mod here, I want to focus on how to efficiently build up early game production.]

I recently released a mod called Solitaire Sandbox which removes AI opponents and almost all other sources of RNG in the game. The purpose was to allow you to play an economy-building game completely deterministically without being sidetracked by the AI. When RNG is gone, you can replay the same map several times and figure out an optimal strategy. You can also do what I'm doing now: post a starting position and challenge everyone else to do better than you.

I first posted this particular challenge on Reddit on New Year's Day. The winner reached 200 production in 86 turns. After replaying the map a few more times, my best result is 82 turns. Can anyone here do even better?

If you want to give it a try, install the mod and load the turn 1 game save file below. Then post a screenshot when you reach 200 production per turn (the mod displays your total production in the top status bar). Here is a screenshot of the starting position. I'll post my 82-turn solution later and discuss strategy then.

Attachments

• HOJO TOKIMUNE 1 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    63.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Top Bottom