Challenge-V-10

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Deity
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Epic
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Egypt (Ramesses II)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 6th June to 6th October 2011
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

There is no "Must not play Inca" notice? Does it mean we can use Huayna Capac in challenge games?

Yep, this one might as well say.

• Civ: Inca

Should be fun! :)

Well, I'm on the board for this one, assuming it gets accepted. 1700bc, with Inca of course.

2500bc will win this one methinks.

There is no "Must not play Inca" notice? Does it mean we can use Huayna Capac in challenge games?

No, see:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/challenge.php?show=game10&series=0

It says "Must not play as Inca.", but that is probably an oversight given Ozbenno's comment above saying that Inca is permitted.

However, I'm not so sure that the winner of this challenge will have done the deed with Inca (Huayna Capac). There are other options, though Epic speed does make them very challenging.

Sun Tzu Wu

Nice! This will be the fastest win in challenge-V. Nonetheless, I prefer begin by the first one (great plains space colony) and I'll take this challenge (my first) as an exam...60 mark min. :p My personal challenge, that is...:eek:

Nice timing Sun Tzu and...remark. I guess this is an error.
Will you participate the ninth game?

No, see:

It says "Must not play as Inca.", but that is probably an oversight given Ozbenno's comment above saying that Inca is permitted.

However, I'm not so sure that the winner of this challenge will have done the deed with Inca (Huayna Capac). There are other options, though Epic speed does make them very challenging.

Sun Tzu Wu

Good point... my Inca game was accepted and I am offically dominating the Challenge.

:eek:

I just submitted this game 5 or 6 days ago after noticing Sun Tzu starting to take over the deity conquest slots (just like all the religious ones! ;))

Well, it had no barbs and was vanilla, but it still freaks me out to see it again so soon.

The only advice I have is to use Quenchas (Duh) and reroll the great plains map over and over until you find a really close neighbor. Smash their cap early and steamroll the other civ right away.

P.S. The Queen of the Quencha really is just about unbeatable. Small Deity Marathon attempt # gazillion+5:

Spoiler :

Already it was two turns too late to dethrone her, and I needed to win 4 out of 4 battles at 25% odds each to win on that turn.

Last edited:
Is it too late to reinstate the Inca ban for this Challenge? Notice that the following page still says "Must not play as Inca.":

Can a HOF staff person please correct the above page or confirm that Inca is not permitted after all?

I must say it wouldn't be fair to neilmeister to ban Inca now, after he has submitted game with Inca and is currently in the lead for this Challenge.

In any case, what is the motivation for allowing the Player Civ to be Inca for this Challenge?

Sun Tzu Wu

I'm not fussed either way. If Inca is barred, then I will have a go with Hatty, or maybe one of the Romans.

Even though I put evidence on the lack of "must not play with Inca", I never put forward my preference to Inca...so, I think Inca ban would be much better for enhancing the strategic value. Inca presence is just a race between the lucky players and I opine that the challenge value is nonexistent. Still, early conquest relies much on luck, but not as much as Inca.

I can't imagine Kaitzilla will be all that fussed at having his game removed. How long did it take him to play it? an hour?

It's fun to quecha smash anyway...

I can't imagine Kaitzilla will be all that fussed at having his game removed. How long did it take him to play it? an hour?

It's fun to quecha smash anyway...

What game? Did he post one...I don't see any in challenge tables. :confused: And the ones he's talking about were days ago old.

Top Bottom