Challenge-XX-04

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series - "Rise of the English". Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but your best submission meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
(*) Games must be played using the >> BUFFY MOD 3.19.005 <<
(*) Games to be submitted via the >> Civ IV Hall of Fame Website <<
(*) New players, please >> register << using your CFC forum name

Settings:

• Victory Condition: Diplomatic (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Prince
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Large
  • Speed: Marathon
  • Map Type: Rain Forest
  • Required: Random Personalities, No Vassal States
  • Civ: England (Victoria)
  • Opponents: Must include China (Mao Zedong), Greece (Alexander), Korea (Wang Kon), Mongolia (Genghis Khan), Persia (Cyrus), Rome (Augustus Caesar), Russia (Stalin), Zulu (Shaka)
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 24th June 2018 to 24th January 2019

The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Working on this one a little bit now... Rainforest Map is so strange!

Anyone have tips/ideas for wrangling the vast jungle? What kind of starts would you look for? Farms or cottages? (Gasp!) Iron Working before Math or Alphabet? Try to build the UN with a GE or find a way to slow-build it?

And perhaps victoria's quick settlers are a boon, but at such a huge price since liz would be invaluable for a long bulbing beeline towards electricity. I'm thinking more than ~12 naturally founded cities would be too much of a drain on the economy, but imperialistic settlers really are tantalizing... plus conquest on prince/mara can be super easy if you catch the AI with warriors.

I believe going with max opponents and a PHI leader works best.
Chariots will do fine.

:blush: I stand corrected

I strongly believe in an early conquest towards "domination" with max opponents keeping a few alive for worker stealing (and 1 vote ;)) .
Core cities should work as many cottages as possible to get as far as you can go towards bulbing Electricity.

Random personalities. Are the personalities interchanged between existing leaders or are the xml attributes regarding personality totally randomized?

Are the personalities interchanged between existing leaders or are the xml attributes regarding personality totally randomized?
It's existing leaders, so Genghis might act like Gandhi. It was actually meant to be "No Random Personalties" but I screwed up :crazyeye: - too late to change now!

Hehe, but think unknown personalities is an interesting challenge in a diplomatic game. Thumbs up for a non-cooked set up regarding AI.

Top Bottom