Challenge-XXII-03

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games under the Hall of Fame Challenge Series XXII called "The Weakest Link". Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but your best submission meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
(*) Games must be played using the >> BUFFY MOD 3.19.005 <<
(*) Games to be submitted via the >> Civ IV Hall of Fame Website <<
(*) New players, please >> register << using your CFC forum name

Settings:

• Victory Condition: Time (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Prince
  • Starting Era: Any
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Speed: Any
  • Map Type: Big and Small
  • Civ: Carthage (Hannibal)
  • Opponents: Must include America (Lincoln), Egypt (Hatshepsut), France (De Gaulle), Mali (Mansa Musa), Ottoman (Mehmed II), Portugal (Joao)
  • Version: 3.19.005
  • Date: 1st July to 28th December 2020
Must not play as Inca.
The highest score wins.

Last edited:
Nice to see 3 people have played this one - @Mad2rix, @NickTrofimuk and @kcd_swede!

I have played so many starts here (Ancient / Marathon) where something has gone wrong - Mansa spams skirmishers or two AIs are on a hill and the other has metal. Came to the conclusion that Numidian Cavalry are rubbish, they are weaker than HAs and waiting for them just gives the AIS time to get some defences up. Spent a few hours yesterday refining a strategy where I just spam out warriors initially then transition to chariots, usually don't like that as it takes Prince AI so long to build them. Had a couple of games where I took 2 AIs out but then didn't have horses near. Eventually I got a game going - warrior rushed Mansa, Lincoln, Joao and Hatty by 2440BC (t106) lol, chariots took out DeGaulle in 1810BC. Just Mehmed left and he's near me so I'll be able to keep all his cities.

Current record for this slot is 10,546 given I managed 44,538 in the equivalent slot on small I should be able to smash this!!

Came to the conclusion that Numidian Cavalry are rubbish
Totally agree. Like Jaguars, they are simply worse than the standard version they replaced. The one use for Numidian Cavalry I can foresee, is in an Always War type game, where you can use them as active defenders, cleaning out axes coming for your early cities.

Top Bottom