Challenging Ways to Play?

He did say "without building or buying any units" specifically. So you'd have your recon unit and then whatever is given to you from CS, vassals, Terracotta Army, World Congress wonders, and potentially a couple UAs: Huns (if you can get a free mounted melee somehow), and hilariously Venice would probably be the strongest because you'll get to keep the CS's army when you MoV them.

He did say "without building or buying any units" specifically. So you'd have your recon unit and then whatever is given to you from CS, vassals, Terracotta Army, World Congress wonders, and potentially a couple UAs: Huns (if you can get a free mounted melee somehow), and hilariously Venice would probably be the strongest because you'll get to keep the CS's army when you MoV them.
I didn't see that.

Maybe Venice, or...........

If you can force a start next to some military city states I could try. If you have authority you get free units from conscription. If you can vassalize someone, you get military units on era advance. The hard part is beginning, I think once you get going it is very possible.

Here's some challenge ideas where I'll leave the game speed and difficulty setting up to you:

1. (Use the Really Advanced Setup mod) Give yourself a Zeppelin at the start of the game. Make it so that you are against 7 warmonger civs who are on the same team, and you are always at war with them. Choose either small Pangea or small Oval map. Have no city-states.

2. You have to win through domination before entering the renaissance era. Put raging barbarians. Choose either huge Pangea or huge Oval map. Have 6 AI civs and no city-states.

3. (Use the Really Advanced Setup mod) Use any standard size map. Have only 2 teams. Your team has 4 random civs and the other team has 5 random civs. Make it so you are always at war. You have to win though domination before entering the Industrial Era. For the enemy civs, give one of them a Longbowman, give one of them a Chu-Ko-Nu, give one of them a H'wacha, give one of them a Samurai, and give the last enemy civ an Atomic Bomb.

Here's some challenge ideas where I'll leave the game speed and difficulty setting up to you:

1. (Use the Really Advanced Setup mod) Give yourself a Zeppelin at the start of the game. Make it so that you are against 7 warmonger civs who are on the same team, and you are always at war with them. Choose either small Pangea or small Oval map. Have no city-states.

2. You have to win through domination before entering the renaissance era. Put raging barbarians. Choose either huge Pangea or huge Oval map. Have 6 AI civs and no city-states.

3. (Use the Really Advanced Setup mod) Use any standard size map. Have only 2 teams. Your team has 4 random civs and the other team has 5 random civs. Make it so you are always at war. You have to win though domination before entering the Industrial Era. For the enemy civs, give one of them a Longbowman, give one of them a Chu-Ko-Nu, give one of them a H'wacha, give one of them a Samurai, and give the last enemy civ an Atomic Bomb.
Along these lines...

Play Pangaea. Give yourself 2 Horses and 2 Knights at the start of the game. Do not build or buy any more units-if you recieve one, disband it or gift it to a City-State.

Win Domination with these 2 Knights and your starting Pathfinder. Your Pathfinder is allowed to be upgraded via Ruins, your Knights not.

Top Bottom