Chamaedry's medival Mesoamerican cities

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
I am posting this on behalf of Cham so that his excellilent work gets exposure. I requested some time ago that Chamaedrys create mesoamerican cities the way they looked historically rather than the plain look people expect. I reccomend using these as medival and rennaissse cities for the Aztecs, Incans and other mesoamerican civs like the Mayans etc.

Preview:

Download here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4367&act=down

These is the same cityset as the first one, but linked with another texture file?

Okay... that means doubling up the existing xml code of the meso-american cityset in 2 files then in order to make it work.

I think this looks better then the early set which was very mono-tone, couldn't you just rename the DDS texture file to use this with your current City set?

It is more colorful, in actuality thats what Mesoamerican cities looked like, as opposed to what we usually are presented with in games etc. Mayan pyramids were usually red for example. You should see how colorful the temple of Quezalcoatyl was.

I reccomend these be used as medival cities though, as something for the monotone grey to upgrade into instead of becoming europeanized. I'd have them upgrade AFTER the renneiisse(typo) into the standard cities however.

That's what happened already in this cityset mod I released.

Impaler, if you want to see colored meso-american cities from turn one in my cityset mod, just place this new .dds file in the "Ethnic Diverse Citystyles/Assets/art/structures/cities" folder. Note that in the first 2 era's you'll still have the stone houses from the Civ4 ancient cityset.

I think, for the citystyle mod, I'm going mostly with Sword's suggestions: this colored .dds file for the medieval/renaissance era, but I will adapt the xml so that almost all the buildings from the meso-american cityset can already appear in the classical era. Also, I think I will let the stone ancient houses switch completely with the meso-american houses in the classical era. The result should be more variation in buildings earlier, which change color from the medieval era on. :)

Top Bottom