Champions League 2006/2007

too bad Bremen didnt get anything against Chelsea, they don't really play that well yet in the EPL.
I read that Barca must have been brilliant...better watch the replay

Dell19 said:
Good start. :mischief:

Barcelona 5-0 (HT 2-0) Levski Sofia

Bayern Munich 4-0 (HT 0-0) Spartak Moscow

Chelsea 2-0 (HT 1-0) Werder Bremen

Galatasaray 0-0 (HT 0-0) Bordeaux

Olympiacos 2-4 (HT 1-2) Valencia

PSV 0-0 (HT 0-0) Liverpool

Roma 4-0 (HT 0-0) Shakhtar Donetsk

Sporting 1-0 (HT 0-0) Inter Milan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5340452.stm

Meh..

Well .. I didn't exactly specify the season.. they will do it ;)

:(

Terrible game.. unrecognizable team.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Celtic-ManU game, especially after watching the borefest between Liverpool and PSV. The commentator actually called it a damp squib! New slang for my American ears. :)

A word about Lyon, who beat Real Madrid again, 2-0 this time. But 4-0 would have been a fairer score. :mischief: The 1st half was just awesomeness. :eek: A very promising start, again, so : who will defeat Lyon in the quarter-final this year ? :blush:

For years everyone has said Lyon is so good they just might win the Championsleague... is this their year?

And that everyone has said for years too! :D

I saw the replay of the first half of Lyon yesterday. That was awesome and the galacticos were slapped left, right and center and should have been down by 5:0 or so, highly entertaining. Cannavaro didn't know what was happening to him :lol:

ThERat said:
Cannavaro didn't know what was happening to him :lol:
There was some real laughter here as well, about him. ;) Anything going against an Italian world champion, I take. :mischief: But really, what was he doing there on the field ??? :confused:

Also, Carlos should stop playing, he is not the strong WB that he used to be anymore.

i do hope arsenal gets it together soon

Anderlecht does have to win tonight vs. AEK Athens if they hope to survive the group phase.
However, I read in the newspaper that the stadium in Athens is a hell for the away team :scared:

But still, Milan shouldn't play in 4-3-2-1 anymore. I just don't like it.

Shevchenko said:
But still, Milan shouldn't play in 4-3-2-1 anymore. I just don't like it.

Well, as long as Ancelotti stays there I guess the diamond midfield won't change much. He has declined to sign players that don't fit that formation, eg, wingers, so the system stays...

The surprise (or maybe not...) so far is Inter with 0 points, and worse than that, playing like crap. It seems that when you're Inter, even after buying loads of class players and having a hell of a team on paper, it never works. :crazyeye: Mancini seems a bit desperate and the players nervous and uncontrolled (3 red cards so far).

I'm leaving now for a 600 Km car travel to see Porto play HSV tonight. I hope time and money will be invested into seeing Porto score an absolutely vital win...

Some good results tonight for Celtic, CSKA, and, dare I say it, Porto....

Indeed you should've loved what you saw in Porto. ;) I didn't see the game, but considering the score it should have been nice. Kaká made a nice goal too by the way.

Top Bottom