Champions League, 2007-08

Also, BCLG100 could explain your post? i don't understand.

You said orginally

If every Manchester united fan in the world donated 1 pound to Manchester United, then Manchester united will have over 325 Million dollars.

And he is just joking about the exchange rate between the dollar and the pound (There that sucked out the laughter out of the joke :p)

BCLG was probably referring to the worth of a $ to a £. So 12 fans at £1 each, leads to an enormous amount of $$$.

I guess.

It was just outside the box iirc. Although i think it was in the box.

Also, BCLG100 could explain your post? i don't understand.

I thought it was outside the box as well, i couldnt understand why everyone was going on about the penalty when initial contact was made outside the box.

Was making a pun about the exchange rate of pound and dollers. Though it appeared others have explained it.

About Terry's penalty kick: In the view of many, it was bad luck for him to slip away.

On Dutch TV, Johan Cruijff explained that even on a slippery field, a regular professional football player should not slip when kicking a penalty, corner or free kick. It's different in the action of play, but a ball just lying on its place, should be properly kicked regardless of the wheather and ground. apart form that, he was the 14th man to kick the same ball from exactly the same spot. None of the other 13 had slipped.

Cruyff reckoned he changed his plan (to kick to his right instead of to his left), during the run. That's fine if your name is Romario, but when you are #7 in a penalty shoot-out line-up, you should pick a side and go for it, without thinking.

Top Bottom