1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chance of Nuclear Disaster Based on Power Plant Age?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Halcyan2, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

Does anyone know what the algorithms / calculations are for the chance of a nuclear leak / meltdown based on the age of your Nuclear Power Plant? Just trying to figure out what age(s) are the optimal times to recommission the power plants.

Thanks.

2. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

If you mouse on the recommission project, the tooltip will tell you the reactor age and if any risk is present. With time, risks multiply. I found them to come much too quickly. Can't tell precisely now (afk), but it seams ~10 turns of operation on standard were enough for the first small risk to appear.

3. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

The tooltip description is way too vague. When I saw it I simply saw that it was "possible" which is too vague. Does that mean 1%? 10%? 50%? 90%? It's hard to tell when to recommission if you don't know the risk levels.