1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chandragupta nuke achievement - hidden requirement?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, May 10, 2018.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I just launched a nuke as Chandragupta, but the achievement didn't trigger. Are there hidden requirements?

Specifically, I launched the nuclear device (not thermonuclear) from a missile silo targeting an unclaimed coastal tile. The neighbouring tiles we're also unclaimed, and no units were there. So do I have to kill something? Or target someone's territory?

Or is the achievement bugged?

Can anyone who got this provide details?

2. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Guess you'd have to target someone (I'd make a game with Gandhi in it and target him :D )

3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Well, if the patch breaks my current game, I'll try that. :p

If I have a chance, I'll try a couple more nukes targeting someone. But I don't know if I'll have time before the patch drops (and I'm running a bunch of mods, at least one of which will undoubtedly break).

4. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

You have to launch the nuke from a bomber, silo does not trigger the achievment. I tested it some time ago.

iammaxhailme likes this.
  5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Thank you! I just tried another one from a silo, this time on a city and (of course) still no dice. I'll try a bomber next.

6. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Bomb shelter victim A: "Another nuke?? We surrender already! Why do they keep nuking us???"

Bomb shelter victim B: "It's like they're treating us like a guinea pig in some sick experiment. What happened to their humanity???"

7. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Update: bombing an empty coastal tile using a bomber worked to trigger the achievement. No deaths necessary. Thanks @Chefofrats !

8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Bomb shelter victims A & B send their thanks. :)

9. Jackanape

Jackanape Warlord

As an addition, I ran into the same problem, and was able to get the achievement by launching from a nuclear sub. Glad you got it worked out!

WillowBrook likes this.
  10. craney1987

craney1987 Warlord

But they are still stuck in their shelter because radiation.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.