Change display resolution game

GPR

Chieftain
I play in DOS version on DOSbox

ok. I know that may fullscreen dosbox (alt+enter) or change resolution of DOSbox window by changing DOSbox options: fulldouble, fullresolution, windowresolution
But they only magnify window. I see exactly the same but bigger. Area you see in the main window is still the same size.

How to make that in main window see more terrain of map and everything was smaller (change the resolution of the image displayed in the main window)?

Probably overkill, but the windows version scales to your desktop resolution, no zooming though. If you play it at 1920x1080 you can see most of the map!

Unfortunately playing it requires a virtual machine running a 32bit version of windows or a wrapper such as winevdm due to it being an ancient 16 bit program. Pain to setup but fun once you've got it going!

Probably overkill, but the windows version scales to your desktop resolution, no zooming though. If you play it at 1920x1080 you can see most of the map!

Unfortunately playing it requires a virtual machine running a 32bit version of windows or a wrapper such as winevdm due to it being an ancient 16 bit program. Pain to setup but fun once you've got it going!
Talking about CivWIN, right ? Cause DOS versions don't scale afaik

I haven't been able to get the old Civs to run in WINE. Sucks because I have Linux.

Might have to find an XP computer.
There a guide in my thread here for setting up a XP virtual machine to get civWin working in HD if that's of interest:
I've still gotta update it with all the WineVDM info now that people can use it on windows. Planning a bonus video to cover that soon! :)

There a guide in my thread here for setting up a XP virtual machine to get civWin working in HD if that's of interest:
I've still gotta update it with all the WineVDM info now that people can use it on windows. Planning a bonus video to cover that soon! :)

Awesome, thanks!! Looking forward to II.

Top Bottom