Change England to Britain

Would you agree with changing the England civ name to Britain?

• Yes

Votes: 133 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 29.3%

• Total voters
Man... i am just seeing a war to post the last reply.
This isn't a discution anymore, let's just bury this thread, Blitz has one opion and Spear has another.

You aren't going to change the others mind, let just forget about this... there is no future in this discution.

I am a little bit sad that Britain will not be in the game... but what can i do? This won't kill me! Let's keep living.

hehehe, let's just forget this thread! >_<

Yes, and what faster way for it to be forgotten than us all coming and bumping it up???

What files need to be changed to make a permanent change to the CIV name, etc?

I want to change another civ name, not england.

Whooo too many pages to read but I read the first few.

Im Scottish and as far as im concerned it should be Britain.

Wales, Ireland (not just the current Northern Ireland) and Scotland were intrinsic to the domination of the British Empire. With the exception of Elizabeth (and even then she's really technically Welsh) the English leaders in Civ arent English leaders but British. By the time of Victoria she was Queen of the United Kingdom of great Britain which was the state, made up of 4 main countries to which she was also the Queen of, including Ireland as a whole not just the Northern Part.

The main reason if nothing else as to why it should be Britain is because the British empire was built on the talents of all 4 countries not just one. For example the East India Corporation was run predominately by Scots by Victoria's time, the Bank of England was founded by Scots , Victoria was in love with a Scot etc etc etc.

Also someone said that the UU units were English but thats patently rubbish. Redcoats were raised from lots of different parts of the Empire including America.

Whooo too many pages to read but I read the first few.

Im Scottish and as far as im concerned it should be Britain.

Wales, Ireland (not just the current Northern Ireland) and Scotland were intrinsic to the domination of the British Empire. With the exception of Elizabeth (and even then she's really technically Welsh) the English leaders in Civ arent English leaders but British. By the time of Victoria she was Queen of the United Kingdom of great Britain which was the state, made up of 4 main countries to which she was also the Queen of, including Ireland as a whole not just the Northern Part.

The main reason if nothing else as to why it should be Britain is because the British empire was built on the talents of all 4 countries not just one. For example the East India Corporation was run predominately by Scots by Victoria's time, the Bank of England was founded by Scots , Victoria was in love with a Scot etc etc etc.

Also someone said that the UU units were English but thats patently rubbish. Redcoats were raised from lots of different parts of the Empire including America.

1/3 of the Army that fought agaisnt napoleon was from Scotland ( IIRC ).

Well, there is a lot of reason for Rhye to put GB, he just doesn't want...:( because he think there will be "Bring back England CIv" threads...

But the UHV is British ( it was Britain the Empire under the sun, not England) the UP is British too, because in the time of England i doubt that Navy was something really important.

RHYE HEAR OUR PRAYS! PUT GREAT BRITAIN! T_T :D

PS: Since people ressurrected this thread, let's use it again :)

I had a feeling I was posting in a "necro'd" thread apologies for that.

I just thought of something else. Someone said England conquered the British Isles which is why is England and not Britain but I beg to differ. Scotland and England unified under the same Scottish King as equal partners. I cant comment about the Welsh and the Irish but the Scots were definitely equal after the treaty of Union of 1707...

Heck the country today is even governed by Scots. Blair, Brown, Reid etc. Even Cameron has Scottish roots.

What files need to be changed to make a permanent change to the CIV name, etc?

I want to change another civ name, not england.

CIV4GameText_RFCVanillaTextFix.xml

and

CIV4GameText_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml

in Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Text.

PS: some civs aren't in this files, because they use the same name of the normal CIV, sou you need to change the name in the normal CIV folder. If you want I can post a file here, just say what civ you want to change.

Why did someone revive this thread? :confused:

Anyways, all I have to say is we need a Polish or Ukrainian civ :D

CIV4GameText_RFCVanillaTextFix.xml

and

CIV4GameText_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml

in Mods\Rhye's and Fall of Civilization\Assets\XML\Text.

PS: some civs aren't in this files, because they use the same name of the normal CIV, sou you need to change the name in the normal CIV folder. If you want I can post a file here, just say what civ you want to change.

Wow, what a response to such a small question. I have no interest in the britain debate. I just wanted to know how to change a civ name.

Thanks for the answer Edungeon. :goodjob: I prefer to do it myself, no better way to learn.:confused:

Edit: I don't think they are the correct files as I can't find any mention of a civ name eg Rome or France

Wow, what a response to such a small question. I have no interest in the britain debate. I just wanted to know how to change a civ name.

Thanks for the answer Edungeon. :goodjob: I prefer to do it myself, no better way to learn.:confused:

Edit: I don't think they are the correct files as I can't find any mention of a civ name eg Rome or France

So you need to change this file: CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml or CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_CivLeaders.xml ( in C:\Arquivos de programas\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text ).

You need to find the part that is about the civ you want, If I were you, i would copy the whole part and past it in any RFC Text file, so you wouldn't mess with the normal game.

PS: I hope i made myself clear... i am a little bit confusing...

EDIT:

Example:

copy

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_FRANCE_DESC</Tag>
<English>French Empire</English>
<French>
<Text>Empire fran&#231;ais</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</French>
<German>
<Text>Franz&#246;sisches Reich:Franz&#246;sische Reich:Franz&#246;sischen Reich</Text>
<Gender>Neuter:Neuter:Neuter</Gender>
<Plural>0:0:0</Plural>
</German>
<Italian>
<Text>Impero Francese</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</Italian>
<Spanish>
<Text>Imperio Franc&#233;s</Text>
<Gender>Male</Gender>
<Plural>0</Plural>
</Spanish>
</TEXT>

Change the part "<English>French Empire</English>" and past it in the CIV4GameText_RFCWarlordsTextFix.xml file of RFC

the civ is NOT Britain in everything but name because the terminology of referring to the dominant peoples of Britain as such is NOT during the time period of the current spawn. YES, it is a fact that the Roman Empire referred to the island as "Great Britain" but it is not a fact that the people were called thus... it is a fact that the UHV is Great Britain but the spawn should be changed if that is the argument, the same goes for Germany since their UHV is similarly of a different era

i dont want to either, so lets all refrain from grandiose claims

Top Bottom