[BTS] Change save directory?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by LincolnOfRome, Jan 9, 2022.

1. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

I'd like to keep my documents synced with OneDrive, but BTS files fill up my space on OneDrive. Is there a way to save BTS files automatically outside of My Documents in Windows?

2. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

I have not tried this but it may well work. In CivilizationIV.ini find this line:

; Save Path - relative to working (Civ4) folder
    FileName = 0

Replace the "0" with the pathname where you want the savegame files saved, starting with the volume name. For example: /C/game_name-folder/CIV/saves

I think that including the volume name will overide the "relative to working (Civ4) folder" part but I could be wrong. It is worth a try.

3. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

Thanks. I'll may try that, but I seem to have found a workaround. Civ IV was putting all the movie and music assets in the "Music" directory. I think there was over a gig of data in there. OneDrive was backing up the data. As the free version of OneDrive is only 5 gigs, this was filling up the storage. I did figure out how to exclude the "Music" directory from backup. However, I may have actual music in the future that I actually do want to back up. So, your solution is more elegant than mine.