Change Shields into Industry Points

Cheetah

Deity
I think it would be a nice idea to change the production shields into Industry Points or something similar. A city could get Industry Points out of the terrain just as it get shields out of the terrain in Civ1-3.

But then all the produced shields should be made into gold and added to the treasury. When you want to produce something, you can increase funding in the city. One gold for each "unemployed" Industry Point.

Example:
A city producing 6 shields in Civ1-3 produces 6 Industry Points in Civ4. This means you get 6 more Gold in the treasury. When you want the city to produce something, you can fund up to 6 Industry Points. Each Industry Point costs 1 Gold.

By using 100% funding all the time Industry Points would work the same way as shields. The point is that Industry Points will be the production limit of the city, but you can fund it as much as you'd like. This way units and buildings will cost Gold to produce instead of shields, which will make it more realistic. If one is in economic trouble, one could also halt or lower production in some cities to make more money.

What do you think?

Interesting, though generally parts of the game are made to mimic a real world phenomena. So far as I know, generally not everything is convertible from gold to say science or sheilds. So, I'm on the fence.

Well with science I can agree that more progress doesn't come automaticaly from more funding. But think of Industry Points as factories. Without money they're empty. With some money, they produce a little. When all Industry Points are given money the factories produce at 100%.

Cheetah said:
I think it would be a nice idea to change the production shields into Industry Points or something similar. A city could get Industry Points out of the terrain just as it get shields out of the terrain in Civ1-3.

But then all the produced shields should be made into gold and added to the treasury. When you want to produce something, you can increase funding in the city. One gold for each "unemployed" Industry Point.

Example:
A city producing 6 shields in Civ1-3 produces 6 Industry Points in Civ4. This means you get 6 more Gold in the treasury. When you want the city to produce something, you can fund up to 6 Industry Points. Each Industry Point costs 1 Gold.

By using 100% funding all the time Industry Points would work the same way as shields. The point is that Industry Points will be the production limit of the city, but you can fund it as much as you'd like. This way units and buildings will cost Gold to produce instead of shields, which will make it more realistic. If one is in economic trouble, one could also halt or lower production in some cities to make more money.

What do you think?

yes i argree. i though almost the same thing.

Top Bottom