[Civ2] Change Terrain Event Help

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Hi guys,

In my Command & Conquer scenario I want to have an event on turn 5 (and then copy the code for some other turns too) where some squares convert to green Tiberium.

I thought I'd be 'clever' and take some of the change terrain event code from the original Microprose FW Mars scenario and use it for what I want.. Metropolis also used the same commands in our HoMM scenario. I notice in all cases that there's 4 sets of coordinates all in one line with no spaces. eg..

@IF
TURN
turn=5
@THEN
CHANGETERRAIN
terraintype=4
maprect
@ENDIF

When I put in the exact same code and didn't touch the coordinates it worked and changed a patch of terrain to the one I wanted (my custom Tiberium one). However I'd like to change individual cells in different parts of the map instead of 1 clump. However when I changed the coordinates to various locations far away from each other it did not work.

I thought that the code simply changed those 4 squares only however on closer inspection I can see that the change terrain code actually changes other squares too but they are in between the 4 specified.. almost like this event is actually a 'fill command' for all cells in between these coordinates.

If that's the case then if I want to do single cells in different parts of the map then I'm going to need to do something different. Is the the 'maprect' subcommand for this 'fill' mode and I need some sort of other command to do individual cells? Or should I just be use the same code but only having one coordinate entry. Then make a copy of the event code for the next cell I want to change meaning I'd end up with heaps of copies of the code block just to change a hand full of cells lol.

If its none of those then I'll need some help or a link to a guide as I just wanted to change single cells in different places at the same time so I need an example of that haha.

Or should I just be use the same code but only having one coordinate entry. Then make a copy of the event code for the next cell I want to change meaning I'd end up with heaps of copies of the code block just to change a hand full of cells lol.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you'll have to change each square with an individual event. From what I remember, the event changes all tiles within the specified square.

These sorts of questions are probably better off in the Scenario League forum, which is the de facto scenario creation forum also. Tech support is more for getting the game running in the first place.

Top Bottom