Changes for v1.06

I dont think wagon trains can, as they cant be on the tiles (except if they are loaded in a ship).

Wagon trains?

No, not wagons. Only ships have this new ability.

I feel that wagons as depicted in Col2 are more like supply trains than merchants, which would have been Govt controlled not freeman.

PS: Also note that my wife will give birth in the next 48 hours (she's being induced Tuesday if she doesn't go before then) so for the next week or two I'll be quiet. That's why I've got a couple of testers running this through the mill.

Crikey, wish you the best of luck.

PS: Also note that my wife will give birth in the next 48 hours (she's being induced Tuesday if she doesn't go before then) so for the next week or two I'll be quiet. That's why I've got a couple of testers running this through the mill.

- Trade ships (caravel, carrack, fluyt, merchantman, galleon, pirate brig) can trade in European colony ports without open border agreement.

I think I'm confused. Can somebody explain what this means and how it works? It's clearly not what I thought it was.

Even if you don't have open borders with someone, your trade ships can enter their territory and ports in order to trade.

- Ships can now "Speak to Chief"
- Must "Speak to Chief" before being able to trade with natives

I like this change, makes exploration by sea much easier, instead of having to send a scout to areas you already know just to find out what villages train/trade.

Hello,

I just got this game last week and love it (despite flaws in gameplay). I’m a sucker for micromanagement and long drawn out games, in fact marathon isn’t long enough for me so I had to change that to make it double marathon. Having played the vanilla a lot although I haven’t won a game yet (focused on colony building) I’ve noticed some flaws and started reading the negative reviews on the game. I had heard about this mod in a review and came here to take a look. So far I’m very impressed, there is a lot of good idea’s and work being done here. I was hoping I could help test newer versions of AoD2 on long marathon games.

Anyway, great work Dale and company, keep up the good work. If you need another tester I’d love to help out. And congrats on the future addition to your family Dale, if it hasn’t already happened.

Narg :)

Welcome to the forum (even though you created your account half a year ago).

Hello,

I just got this game last week and love it (despite flaws in gameplay). I’m a sucker for micromanagement and long drawn out games, in fact marathon isn’t long enough for me so I had to change that to make it double marathon. Having played the vanilla a lot although I haven’t won a game yet (focused on colony building) I’ve noticed some flaws and started reading the negative reviews on the game. I had heard about this mod in a review and came here to take a look. So far I’m very impressed, there is a lot of good idea’s and work being done here. I was hoping I could help test newer versions of AoD2 on long marathon games.

Anyway, great work Dale and company, keep up the good work. If you need another tester I’d love to help out. And congrats on the future addition to your family Dale, if it hasn’t already happened.

Narg :)

Thanks Narg. :)

Glad to see you onboard. No addition yet to the family unfortunately. The hospital is full so we got sent home to wait it out *sigh*.

What can you do eh?

PS: What review was it in? I like reading articles patting me on the back. :lol:

Welcome to the forum (even though you created your account half a year ago).

Heh yeah that is what I thought but it might not be that long at all since I'm a long time civ fan since the first one when I was a kid. Thanks too.

Thanks Narg. :)

Glad to see you onboard. No addition yet to the family unfortunately. The hospital is full so we got sent home to wait it out *sigh*.

What can you do eh?

PS: What review was it in? I like reading articles patting me on the back. :lol:

Hmm actually I might be mistaken, I might have seen it on these forums. I thought though that I seen it mentioned on a amazon.com review for colonization saying Age of Discovery 2 mod made the game worth playing. I'll see if I can find the link.

I'm not much of a modder myself, although I'll tinker with xml files and I love to make really large accurate maps.

Hmm actually I might be mistaken, I might have seen it on these forums. I thought though that I seen it mentioned on a amazon.com review for colonization saying Age of Discovery 2 mod made the game worth playing. I'll see if I can find the link.

I'm not much of a modder myself, although I'll tinker with xml files and I love to make really large accurate maps.

Be really good for the original game and also AODII, if the mod got some good publicity :)

best of luck with the new born Dale! be prepared for a few weeks of no sleep :p

Top Bottom