Changes for v1.10

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Hi all,

I've already been working hard on v1.10 :)

Zuul's More Buildings mod is added, and colonies will begin with the basecamp & carpenter's shelter. I've also changed the PriceChangePercent calculation for Europe price changes from 2% to 1%. This should halve the amount of price changes keeping the European economy more stable for longer. It'll still collapse if you overload the economy, but you'll have a lot longer to do it. BTW, silver was on a 10% calculation for price changes, so that explains why silver collapsed to zero in a couple of loads. This has been adjusted inline with the other yields.

Oh, and I hope people don't mind too much that the REF will be loads harder as you scale up handicap in terms of unit strength. The King now doesn't disband half the REF on the first turn. This was fixed by changing the transportation unit from standard galleon to a war galleon (unique for Kings) and making it act like the vanilla MoW transports.

Here's the current changelog:

Code:
1.10 Changelog:
* Zuul's More Buildings mod added
	- Base Camp & Carpenter's Shelter default buildings
* Unit Changes:
	- New unit: War Galleon - unique unit for Kings
* REF Changes:
	- REF uses War Galleon instead of Galleon for transporting units
	- REF unit's strength is influenced by handicap level
	- REF no longer disappears
	- REF lands units MUCH better
* Economics Changes:
	- Silver YieldPriceChangePercent brought in line with all other yields (10 -> 1)
	- YieldPriceChangePercent halved (2 -> 1)
* Other Changes:
	- AI more immigration
	- All players on huge map
	- Western nations no longer start on top of each other

* Remaining Bugs:
	- Trade route list doesn't work right after sorting
	- Ermak leaderhead slightly too high in box

Didnt you change Western starting points in 1.09? Certainly in my latest game I had to find the Aussies, and havent met the Chinese yet (i'm russian)

Never mind.

Attachments

• CustomWorld-NoChiefDialog.ColonizationSave
    114.5 KB · Views: 99
Your changes to slow down the price drop in Europe is welcome. However, given the rarity of silver on the map, the small amount that can be mined per turn and the fact that silver is a precious metal, I should think that it would be worth a LOT of money and keep it's value a very, very long time. I usually never even bother mining silver because it isn't worth it long term.

Wish list item. Any chance you can put some variables in an XML file to allow us to customize the price ranges and drops? I'd also like to see an edit that would always make sure the finished good is worth at least a couple of gold more than the raw good used to make it. Put a switch in an XML file to turn that feature on and off if you like.

Your changes to slow down the price drop in Europe is welcome. However, given the rarity of silver on the map, the small amount that can be mined per turn and the fact that silver is a precious metal, I should think that it would be worth a LOT of money and keep it's value a very, very long time. I usually never even bother mining silver because it isn't worth it long term.

Silver still needs to crash when you move too much of it. Spain 17th Century.

Wish list item. Any chance you can put some variables in an XML file to allow us to customize the price ranges and drops? I'd also like to see an edit that would always make sure the finished good is worth at least a couple of gold more than the raw good used to make it. Put a switch in an XML file to turn that feature on and off if you like.

Look through Civ4YieldInfos.xml I suspect most of what you want to do is in there.

I'm glad you want to incoporate my mod. But note that the new buildings I have don't use any new graphics.

Would be nice if the combind unit feature I had planned was in it too. Like cart + colonist = a colonist with 1 berth. Galleon + 2 cannons = War Galleon, and so on.

From the other thread.

Noted mate. I'm not overly fussed by the building graphics. I don't think I'll be using the increased berth idea. I think the AI would have trouble with it. It's got enough problems with galleons, let alone adding this onto it as well. :)

Silver still needs to crash when you move too much of it. Spain 17th Century.

Didn't say, "Never". I said a long time. Meaning it should take a lot for it to crash. But it looks like I can mod that with what's in YieldInfos so I'm good with that.

Look through Civ4YieldInfos.xml I suspect most of what you want to do is in there.

From looking at it (if I understand correctly what the tags do) it looks like there are two things I'd like to see. One is a tag that relates a finished product to a raw product so that the finished product will never be worth less than Raw + 1. Also, a tag that represents a hard floor (value the price will never go below).

I have linked here, the 1.10 release candidate. The reason I'm allowing testing of this early is because I want feedback on the AI and REF changes.

In YOUR opinion, what do you think of the AI and REF now?

Unzip the linked file to your desktop, and move into the Assets folder of the Mod. The zip file only contains the XML files and the new DLL file of the mod, so you MUST have 1.09b installed fully and functioning before this 1.10 RC will work.

NOTE: Not official release, so will be unsupported. This will be superceded with 1.10 release once it's uploaded after testing of this RC is complete.

Enjoy. :) http://rtw.apolyton.net/aod2/XML_1.10_rc.zip [~2.3 Meg]

Changelog of this RC:
Code:
* Zuul's More Buildings mod added
	- Base Camp & Carpenter's Shelter default buildings
* Unit Changes:
	- New unit: War Galleon - unique unit for Kings
* REF Changes:
	- REF uses War Galleon instead of Galleon for transporting units
	- REF unit's strength is influenced by handicap level
	- REF no longer disappears
	- REF lands units MUCH better
* Economics Changes:
	- Silver YieldPriceChangePercent brought in line with all other yields (10 -> 1)
	- YieldPriceChangePercent halved (2 -> 1)
* Other Changes:
	- AI more immigration scaled to handicap
	- All players on huge map
	- Western nations no longer start on top of each other

Dale, you crank out updates way too fast. :) Can you release source code for CvGameCore.dll? I want to add the improved AI to my modmod for Mare Nostrum (if you don't mind).

Dale - Can you include the "work time" of a petty criminal/indentured servant/free colonist in the box that pops up when you hover over them?

I.E.

"8 turns to a free colonist"
or
"12 turns to an Elder Statesman"

Never criticize the man for releasing stuff too fast ;-) We've all been down the too slow road lately :)

Never criticize the man for releasing stuff too fast ;-) We've all been down the too slow road lately :)

True, Dale has to replace a whole modding scene. :)

Dale,

This was an amazing update!

Let's start.

REF land units:

+2 governor, +3 for patriot, and +4 for revolutionary.

+2 bonus is a suuuuuuuper hard challenge. Don't forget that a 10% bonus veternacy would further increase the difference. ;)

+4 is not beatable at all.

REF naval units:

MoWs for patriot level have 26 strength opposing 10 for SoLs. Basically, 26 vs 16 with max bonuses. This is not beatable at all again. :)

For revolutionary 30 vs 10. Totally impossible.

The only guy who has a chance is Simon. :)

Statistics:

100% Rebel Sentiment Dragoon with Formation and Veterancy 2:
4 + 2 + 0.8 + 1 = 7.8

Patriot Dragoon with Formation and Veterancy 2:
7 + 1.75 + 1.4= 10.15 Ups! :)

Revolutionary Dragoon with Formation and Veterancy 2:
8 + 4 + 1.6= 13.6 Too hard.

Veteran Soldier with Veterancy 1, and Minuteman 1 defending a fortress with 100% revel sentiment and full fortification bonus:
3+1.5 (RS)+0.3 (V,1)+0.6 (M,1) +4.5 (Fortress) +0.75 (Fortify) + 1.5 (Vet Sold)=12.15

Patriot Artillery attacking city (125% bonus):
7 + 8.75 = 15.75 No go!

Revolutionary Artillery attacking city:
8 + 10 = 18 Same.

Suggestions:

- I would down all REF bonuses a bit to max +2 for revolutionary (from +4), I think this would be satisfactory.
- MoWs are unbelievably strong. I think +1 to +2 bonus would be enough. +11 is excessive, let alone +15. ;)
- Another alternative is include the promotion continental army with better stats. :)

From the other side if you want to have revolutionary, as hard as deity is for C4. It is fine. Patriot would remind me immortal... but still think all bonuses are a bit too much. ;)

Yeah on Revolutionary I want the REF to wipe its ass with you. :D

This one change I believe doubles the difficulty. Though I did think < Rev was a bit too hard. I'm thinking tone down the others, but leave Rev where it is. :)

Tone down a bit please. :)

MoWs and arti need to come down a lot.

That 30 Rev MoW is scary as hell. It can take like 5 SoLs...

Dale, even at mere conquestador land REF units get a +1, and MoWs +4!

For land units, I think +1 should be good enough for governor, and +2 for for patriot and so on.

Artillery units don't need the 125% bonus any more.

Regarding MoWs, I think difficulty should scale with veterancy bonuses, or else building a navy would become completely pointless.

Specifically, for Governer, Veterancy I (+1.5), for Patriot, Veternacy II (+3) and for Revolutionary, Veterancy III (+4.5). I find these bonuses strong and challenging.

I'm thinking removing the handicap bonus from MoW's and just leaving it on the land REF units. That should solve the problem.

I will also re-adjust the scales so that the third difficulty level is 100% of vanilla, and the first two are less than 100% (so weaker than vanilla REF) and higher difficulties are more than 100% (stronger than vanilla REF).

Top Bottom