Changes in wonder priority

Vargas1

Prince
Does anyone know if there have been recent tweaks again to the wonders that the AI prioritizes? I’ve had two games in a row where the AI built Temple of Artemis before the ancient era ended (which I’m not sure I’ve ever seen before), and also two games recently where the AI built Kilwa at a reasonable time (one late classical, one medieval). Could just be rough RNG, but wondering (he he) if anyone else has seen this lately?

I've definitely seen the AI opt for Kilwa earlier than expected.

I think ToA, the AI will build it if they have a valid spot for it, I've definitely see it go relatively early sometimes. But other times, they simply don't, and I've picked it up well into the medieval just because I can.

I've definitely seen the AI opt for Kilwa earlier than expected.

I think ToA, the AI will build it if they have a valid spot for it, I've definitely see it go relatively early sometimes. But other times, they simply don't, and I've picked it up well into the medieval just because I can.

I should note I’m playing on emperor, which makes it even stranger. TOA is usually pretty reliably available at least into classical, and often wouldn’t even go in the first 100 turns.

I my games TOA is highly prioritized by AI. They build just when they have an improved camp. The only thing is, that AI does improvements quite rarely, but that is a general Bug.

Last edited:
I noticed Machu Picchu being build quite late in my last few games. I usually don't even try for that one.
Edit: I didn't notice a change regarding ToA, even build it myself, on emperor.

Last edited:
Last game I actually built the Great Bath on Deity, which was nigh impossible before (was usually the second to be grabbed by the AI after Stonehenge).

Top Bottom